21. Children of the Damned III

A little while later Damon dropped me off back at me house. I walked in to hear voices from the kitchen. "I don't think Damon knows what to believe. Trust isn't something that comes naturally to him," someone said, who I presumed to be Stefan.

I entered the kitchen, prepared to get to the bottom of things. "What are we talking about?" I asked. Judging by Elena's face getting slightly paler and Stefan eyes widening, I wasn't meant to hear whatever they were talking about.

Stefan was the first to recover. "Nothing. Just discussing how we are going to help Damon."

"Really now?" I questioned, not buying it. Stefan nodded, but Elena was avoiding my gaze. That was an obvious sign she was uncomfortable. "What about you, Elena? Are you only interested in helping Damon? You're not planning anything else?" I bombarded her with questions. Hopefully she would break.

She shook her head. "I'm doing whatever Stefan wants me to do, which is help Damon. Why so many questions, Emily?" Elena retaliated. Hell no. She was not going to turn this around on me.

"I'm just making sure you aren't going to screw over Damon again. He doesn't deserve that."

Elena scoffed and Stefan furrowed his eyebrows. "What has Damon said to you?" Stefan asked me.

"We've had a long talk. Told me some things from the past. Should I share it with everybody?" I saw the connection Stefan made, because his whole demeanor changed. He knew what I was talking about. Elena on the other hand, did not.

"What are you talking about, Emily?" Elena asked curiosity practically dripping from her voice while her eyebrows were furrowed.

Stefan quickly looked at me subtly shaking his head with a pleading look in his eyes. He obviously did not want me to tell Elena. I wasn't going to though. I know she deserves to know, but if anyone is going to tell her, it is going to be Stefan. Also, this is the first time I have seen my sister genuinely happy in a long time. What kind of sister would I be if I stripped that happiness away from her?

But I need answers from Stefan. I want to hear his side of the story.

"Nothing," I answered, stepping towards Elena. "Why don't you call Bonnie, Elena? I think she mentioned going on a date with someone tonight. You two have always been closer than I have with her."

Elena looked at me skeptically before nodding and walking upstairs. I turned to Stefan, arms crossed.

He nodded towards the door. "Follow me." I huffed realizing I was going to have to move before trailing after him. He led me to the swing on our front porch.

"Explain," I simply said, a little more harshly than I meant to. Stefan groaned before setting his head in his hands. "Chop, chop."

He lifted his head up and a let out a small sigh before speaking, "So I am assuming Damon has told you about the night we turned."

I cocked my head to the side. "Maybe, maybe not."

"Before you start making all your accusations, hear me out." He spared me a glance and I gestured for him to continue. Like I said, I wanted to hear his side of the story. "Ok, so, yes I guess you could say I am the reason Damon died and I forced Damon to become a vampire. But there is more to it than that. I was with Katherine that night, my father had caught her with me using vervain- "

"Wait, you didn't turn Katherine into your father?" I asked confused. That was what Damon had told me, right? Oh, I swear to god, if that motherfucker lied to me-.