22. Children of the Damned IV

I walked into my bathroom and turned the sink on full blast along with my shower. Hopefully Damon could not hear over that. I dialed Elena and a few moments later she picked up. "What?" she asked over the receiver.

"How long until you are done? Damon is here and he's being charming. I don't know how long I can last," I said truthfully. There is something about Damon that makes me forget about reasons why I am upset with him. Like right now, I couldn't remember why I was upset with him earlier.

I heard Elena groan. "Don't fuck this up, Em. Try and think why you were mad at him last night and this morning. I'm on my way, then when Stefan is finished he will be too." Then I heard the dial tone.

"Ok, ok, Emily," I muttered to myself. "Think of reasons to be upset." I rubbed my temples in thought. "That's right! That bastard lied to me and called me a slut." I patted myself on the back. "I knew I could count on you."

Suddenly the bathroom door banged open to reveal Jeremy. He turned off the shower and sink. "You're wasting water."

"Oops."

"You know California is in a drought?"

"I don't see how though. There is a huge ocean right next to them! Like go take water from there," I reasoned.

Jeremy shook his head. "Do you know how hard it is to take salt out of water. It's hard. Not that simple."

"Well you can start by taking the salt out of your attitude," I shot right back.

Jeremy narrowed his eyes at me in thought. "Earlier were you talking to yourself again?" he asked, changing the subject.

"Of course. I give the best advice."

"You need help. Anyways we have company, so Jenna wants you downstairs."

I nodded. "You got it."

I walked downstairs mentally preparing myself for what I was about to walk into. As I made my way towards the kitchen I could hear Jenna's drunk laugh.

Great, Damon has gotten my aunt drunk.

"Well, isn't it our own sleeping beauty herself?" Jenna commented, holding a glass of wine. That's right, Jenna was a big wine drinker.

"I decided I would stop torturing you all, and grace you with my presence," I said, sitting into a chair.

I heard a laugh from the living room, and I looked over to see Jeremy playing video games. "Like anyone would actually want to spend time with you."

"I'm offended! Everyone would love to spend time with me."

"Keep telling yourself that, hun," Jenna said.

I gasped. "Jenna, not you too!"

"Yep, we turned her over to the dark side. Next one is Damon," Jeremy threatened.

"I think you must be mistaken. Damon will forever be on my side."

Damon looked over to me and slung his arm around my shoulder. "Always."

"Awww!" Jenna squealed, placing her hand over her heart while the wine almost spilled out of the glass. "You guys are in that cheesy couple stage!"

My eyes nearly bulged out of their sockets. "Us? A couple? No." I slid out of Damon's hold and stood next to Jenna.

"Sure. So, have you met his parents yet?" Jenna asked, wiggling her eyebrows.

"Wh- I- huh?" I stuttered, the question clearly taking me off guard. I mean, how would I even answer that? No, because Stefan, Elena's boyfriend, killed their father about 100 years ago, and their mom is kind of a mystery.