25. Fool Me Once II

You can do it, Emily. You are a strong women. You can do anything you want. This is not the scariest thing in life.

Yes, yes it is.

"Guys, I can't do it," I admit, slumping my shoulders. "Let's just go home, watch some Friends - but only season 5 because it's the best season - and call it a night. Who's with me?" I suggest, raising my hand for a high five.

"Afraid you are alone here, sis," Elena answers.

"No! Stefan would never abandon me. Right, Stef?" No answer came and I began to question his loyalty to me. "Stefan?"

He sucks in air before saying, "You are scary Emily, but Elena is scarier."

I scoff while Elena nods. "It's true."

"I can't believe I'm surrounded by idiots and liars."

"Enough with chit chat now. Move along, use your charm, spread some lies," Elena encourages me.

I gasp. " I thought you told me to stop lying after that one time with the math homework and principal- "

"Ok, Emily, it's go time. Let's not bring up the past."

I nod my head. "I understand. Let's go! I'm ready!" I open up the door to the car and put foot out. "You know, maybe I shouldn't- " I cut off by falling on the ground. "Oof!"

"Go get em, tiger." Elena smirks at me from the car.

"Did you just push me?"

Elena shrugs and Stefan laughs. "Be yourself, say something nice," Stefan suggests.

I furrow my eyebrows. "Which one? I can't do both."

Elena laughs. "We will be in there soon," Stefan says as he drives off, leaving me in front of the door.

I purse my lips. You know, I'm a bit hungry. I enter through the door and go to the kitchen. I start humming some song I don't remember the name of as I look through the fridge.

"You know, for having a lot of human friends, you would think they would have food," I speak out loud.

"Yeah, you'd think," a voice comments from the entrance of the kitchen. I spin around to find Damon leaning against the counter. "I made tea."

I scrunch my nose up. "I don't want tea."

"Good. I didn't make it for you anyways. It was for Stacey upstairs," he says, raising an eyebrow as if to expect a reaction out of me.

"That," I say, pointing my finger at him, "is a lie."

He shrugs. "I'm gonna have to change the locks. You stage a jailbreak?"

"You do know that the door was unlocked," I mention. I shift my weight on my other foot. "I convinced Bonnie to help you."

He narrows his eyes at me for a second before straightening up. "I doubt that."

"I'm very convincing, you know. I once convinced Elena to make me a pizza by just saying I was left handed. If you argue enough, you win."

Damon rolls his eyes and walks into the foyer. I follow right behind him. "Hey, Damon. I'm sorry that I went with Elena and Stefan to get the grimoire. I knew it wasn't right."

"Bullshit, tell me the truth."

"You can't handle the truth!" He scoffs. "Ok, I was upset of what I was doing, but as soon as you threatened me, I wasn't sorry. You deserved what you got."

He slowly claps. "Great apology." He starts to walk up the stairs.

"So you should know that me of all people should want you gone." He stops in his tracks and turns around. "If you work with us, you get what you want and I get what I want."