24. Fool Me Once I

Faded light reaches my eyes before I flutter them open. Immediately I am hit with a pounding in my head, and I reach my hand up to gently rub it. I look down to discover myself in a bed that is most certainly not mine.

Where was I?

I look around to see a guy sitting in a chair, seemingly asleep. Hesitantly, I step on the floor, inching my way closer and closer to the door. Right before I reach there, I turn around to make sure the guy was sleeping, when I saw his face.

I almost choke on my intake breath and I stumble back, making a thud, which made his eyes snap open. Quickly I yank the door open, only for him to suddenly be behind me.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you," He whispered in my ear, moving hair behind my ear. I bit my lip to prevent a whimper from escaping. He stepped even closer to me to the point where there was no space between us. "It's been awhile, hasn't it, Emily?" he murmured, trailing his hands down the side of my body, resting them on my hips.

My bottom lip is quivering from fear, but I push down the sobs rushing threatening to release. "Get off of me, Ben."

He chuckles. "It's been awhile since you've said that, babe." He moves one hand underneath the hem of my shirt and I'm suddenly hit with a wave of flashbacks.

I remember screaming, begging him to stop. I remember him slipping off my shirt and tugging my jeans down. I remember the pain and the harshness. I remember the tears streaming down my face and how I kept hyperventilating.

I remember it all.

And I never want to feel that vulnerable again.

Quickly I bring up my leg and stomp on his foot. As he sucks in a breath, I turn around and lift up my knee and hit him where the sun don't shine. Then I slap him and push him away as I yank the door open and step out.

Suddenly I'm harshly pushed backwards and pulled by my hair to the wall. All I see is curly, dark brown hair in my line of vision. "That's my hair, bitch!" I hear a scoff before I'm pushed back into the wall.

"Seriously?!" The girl yells, whipping her around so it's no longer in my face.

"S-she just..." he trails off, not looking at the girl in front of me.

The girl shakes her head. "Idiot," she mumbles. She turns towards me and smiles. "Nice to see you again." She then shoves me into another door which lead to the bathroom.

I begin to bang on the door, but I figure any attempts of getting out is pointless. I sigh and kick the door, which -me being as clumsy as I am- lost my footing and fell backwards into the shower. I blink and shake my head, confused on what just happened when I realized there was a hand right next to me left leg.

"Oh my gosh! They have bodies in the bathtub! They have fucking dead bodies, drained of blood in the god damned bathtub!" I start yelling, flailing my legs and arms everywhere. I finally get up off the shower and turn to the tub, scared to see what I may find, but instead of seeing dead bodies piling up, I saw a certain witch friend of mine. "Oh shit. Well, aren't I in a pickle?"

*****

Third person POV

"Stefan, how are we going to get Emily?" Elena asks, digging her nails into the palms of her hand, worried about her sister.

Stefan shakes his head, clearly frustrated. "I don't know yet." He must've noticed the shift of emotion in Elena's eyes, because he quickly added, "But I'm going to figure something out. I promise you that, Elena." He grabbed her now hurt hand and kissed it.  She smiled gratefully at him with love and admiration. "I'm going to ask Damon if he knows anything. Maybe he will help somehow."