10. The Turning Point l

🎶I don't quite know how to say how I feel
Those three words are said too much
They're not enough
If I lay here, if I just lay here
Would you lie with me and just forget the world🎶
____________________________

I woke up the next morning deciding not to remember about anything the previous night. I wouldn't be able to deal with it. But I also decided not to do anything today.

Elena walked in my room looking just as bad as I am. I forgot she and Stefan are in a rough patch right now. "Hey. We got to get ready for school. Bonnie dropped me off. She's coming in late today," She said yawning.

I groaned. "I intend to spend my day doing as little as humanly possible without actually dying."

"That sounds like a plan, besides one small flaw," Elena announced.

"It is?"

"Caroline. She has the whole day planned out for us, and you can't skip school and avoid her at the same time," she explained.

"I could try."

Elena shook her head. "Not an option. Come on, get ready." I just groaned again and rolled over. She walked over and pushed me off the bed.

"OW!" I gave her a look.

"Now you're up. Let's go." And Elena walked off with me shooting daggers in the back of her head. Sadly I knew Elena was right. I was going to have to get ready if I ever wanted to talk to Caroline again.

Once I was ready I started to go downstairs for breakfast. As I was doing that I passed Jeremy's room and stopped. He was pulling out an box from his closet and grabbed an old sketchbook from it. He set the box down and grabbed a piece of charcoal. Flipping through the sketchbook, Jeremy started to smile. I smiled for him too.

He started to sketch and I leaned against the doorway noiselessly and watched. I turned around to see Elena smiling too. She closed the door quietly and we walked down together.

"Jeremy's got his sketch pad out," Elena announced to Jenna as I started to pour myself some cereal.

"You're kidding?" Jenna asked in disbelief.

"Nope. But don't say a word," Elena advised.

I nodded in agreement. "The minute we encourage him, he'll put it away."

"Psychology major. Check that!" Jenna exclaimed.

"You know what I don't get?" I asked.

"Hmmm?"

"Jenna, you have 138 recipes pinned to your Pinterest board. So why in hell am I eating cereal?" I questioned her.

"Do you understand when you see something and think I'm gonna do that, but never do it?" I nodded my head vigorously. "Well that's me every time I add something to a Pinterest board." I laughed and looked over to see Elena frowning at her phone.

"You and Stefan?" I questioned also frowning. Elena just huffed.

"Update?" Jenna asked.

Elena took a moment to answer, "He knows how I feel and where I stand and I know where he stands but it doesn't matter. He's leaving, moving away." I about choked on the coffee going down my throat.