The End of the Silent Princess

"Link...do what you must!" Zelda's voice echoed around him as the gigantic eye poking out of Ganon looked around. He gripped the reigns of the Royal Horse tightly as he led it to small hill nearby. The beast reared its ugly head and shot flames out of its mouth, those flames chased the Hylian as he pushed his horse to go faster and faster. Upon reaching the hill he made a sharp U-turn. The horse sprinted as fast as it could and jumped straight off the hill. Link's heart pounded as he jumped off the horses back, caught the wind the flames made, and flew upward. Once he reached the perfect height he let go of his paraglider, pulled the bow of light out and shot a single arrow to the giant beast's eye.

The arrow hit the eye dead on. Link's job was done.

The Knight watched as Zelda gracefully floated out of the malice and destruction that was Ganon and made her way down to solid ground. He ran to her, Master Sword in hand as the blood of the goddess ran through her veins and made the golden light illuminate her skin as she reached a hand up to the gigantic monster. He stood by her side as she fearlessly looked the beast in the eye. As she destroyed and banished him using the power of the goddess. The reddish burgundy color in the sky cleared up almost immediately and all seemed well.

The Princess turned around with a tired smile on her face. "Link...," She took a step forward but her legs gave out beneath her and she fell, thankfully Link was quick and caught her, "Link..." Zelda breathed out. Her smile widened. Link propped her up and put his sword away as he tried to think of what he had on his person that could help the princess. A wild berry crepe? Some monster cake? Fairy tonic? The Princess blinked slowly and stared up at the hero. "Not once did I lose faith in you. I always knew you would come back." Link's mind was still racing. Maybe he could quickly make some sort of elixir? He could use the scales of the dragons and maybe the rare Silent Princess, perhaps throw in a fairy? "The courage in you burns as hot as Death Mountain. You are Hyrule's light. You have saved us, your family has saved us, for countless generations. The royal family is forever in your debt." Zelda breathed out shakily, frowning a bit. "However I'm afraid we may never repay you..." Mipha's grace could heal her. But how could he use the gift given to him on someone else? He couldn't exactly ask Mipha for help... "As strange as it may seem I'm quite happy with this outcome. Calamity Ganon is defeated and all the malice and pain he has brought is gone as well." The princess sighed happily as her gaze shifted from Link to the clear sky.

"It may have taken a long time. It may have taken the lives of many...the lives of those we care for...but now we can rest easy knowing that the darkness that once loomed over our kingdom is gone and will not return for a very long time. Do you think my father would be proud of me, Link? Do you think...our friends, the champions, would be proud? Urbosa? Revali? Daruk? Mipha? What about the Goddesses? Do you think they're proud of me now? Of us? I guess it doesn't matter if I ask you. I'm closer to seeing them." Tears began welling up in the princess's eyes. She was beginning to question whether or not she was really dying, the talking didn't make it seem so but she knew she was as her body became more relaxed by the second. Link, however, was being thrown into a state of panic. He quickly lifted her up and jogged to the royal horse.

"Link," Zelda cupped the hero's cheek with her hand, "You have done so much for me, for Hyrule. You've carried an enormous weight on your shoulders and you've carried it well. But now I'm afraid you have to carry one more..." Link shook his head as he rested the princess on top of the horse and climbed on himself. He leaned her against him and kicked the horse, signalling it to start running at top speed down the path. "I will not be fit to run the kingdom. There is no other kin of the royal family...I'm entrusting you," she had to pause for a moment to catch her breath, "to be the next ruler. You must lead us back to our once prosperous state. You must do this, please." Link shook his head rapidly as he tried to decide where to go. Kakariko village? Zora's Domain? Which one had the better doctors? Which one was closer? Rito Village maybe? A stable? Should he just make a break for the shrine of resurrection? Maybe in this moment of desperation the many different shrines could make an exception this one time and allow Zelda and himself transport to different locations using them? Without thinking about it any further he guided his horse to the path that led to Kakariko Village.