Hyrule Historia: Part II

Sidon held the old book in his hands as Link stayed leaning against his side. They were on the second hero's adventure and more and more things were discovered of Link's past. He was, at one point, part of a tribe of tree children and technically the son of the Great Deku tree. The Link in this period of time had also fallen asleep, the only difference was Link had slept for one hundred years and the other hero slept for seven years. Surprisingly enough, the Zora Princess had fallen in love with the "Hero of Time". That little fact only made Sidon feel guilty for his own feelings towards Link. Clearly the Zora's have always had a thing for Link but usually it was the Princesses. There was no page on a Zora Prince.

Sidon pushed that out of his head and continued reading to his beloved friend. This Link was the child of the Great Deku Tree, technically. He was part of a tribe under the Deku Tree's watch but it worked the same way. This Hero also possessed a powerful instrument called an "Ocarina". It supposedly had the power to change the flow of time. The "Ocarina of Time" doubled with the Temple of Time which was what Link had slept in for seven years. Much to Sidon's- and partially Link's- surprise the Temple of Time was still standing in the Great Plateau. Whether it was the exact same temple as before or not, it didn't matter. Link had already made plans to explore that ruined temple more and hopefully find the Ocarina itself. The book they were reading said that there was rumors of the instrument being locked away there or lost forever. Link hoped it was the former.

As Sidon continued reading the words written by their ancestors he kept a close eye on Link. He watched his facial expressions change with every new bit of information. He began noticing smaller things such as how his eyes would light up with excitement whenever a new piece of information on Hyrule was before, on the people, the different races, on the enemy himself. However whenever Link (The Hero of Time in this case) was mentioned, his face grew dark and somewhat guilty. His expression turned sour as his eyes would avert to the ground and his ears would very subtly point downward just a bit. Then, Sidon would read the next page on the hero's great and legendary horse, Epona, and his face would light up again. It was an interesting change in his mood and Sidon made a mental note to ask why Link did that another day.

Late in the afternoon when the book was over and done with. Link stood, stretched, yawned, and began walking up the stairs back into the castle. Sidon stayed back for just a bit, assuring Link he would be up soon. He sat there with the book in his large hands, it was opened to a page with an illustration of princess Ruto. It was amazing how much Zora's have evolved over the years. I'm Sidon's opinion, Zora's seemed more....fish-like back then than now. It didn't matter, the Zora's would always be an extremely strong race no matter what their physical appearance was!

A few moments passed, Sidon silently wondered how his ancestor had managed to even grab Link's attention in a romantic way, before he finally put the book back on its rightful place on the proper shelf. Sidon sighed and began going up the many stairs that led into the castle. He hadn't lost faith in his (hopefully) future relationship with the Hero of the Wild. In fact he was a tad bit more confident knowing a Zora from the past had managed to reel in that Hylian! He was going to give it all he has and if Link...happens to reject him then so be it. Sidon would never let that affect them. He would continue to support him in any way possible. He would bear the pain and continue to show his love for Link in his motivation for him.

Servants buzzed around the castle. Link never actually wanted people in Hyrule Castle, not even if they were servants. He believed he could take care of the whole castle on his own! Plus he didn't want to seem like a power hungry King by having servants. Sidon managed to convince Link that having people working in the castle to keep it tidy would not make him seem power hungry at all. Besides, he wasn't forcing people to be servants. Many, if not all, of those working in the castle did so willingly. The glamour of the newly remodeled building was their motive for working here and they loved spending nearly every minute of every day admiring the beauty of it. To Sidon, the servants were more than just servants. They also served as a sort of monitor for Link. Sidon had secretly asked those working in the parts of the castle Link most often visited to keep an eye on him. Nothing too crazy, just making sure Link was being taken care of and fed and all those basic things. Yes it sounds insane that the King of Hyrule needs to be checked to see if he has eaten yet but Link still hasn't managed to get used to a proper eating schedule or eating at all. Sidon knew this was probably a bit too overprotective but he just wanted to make sure Link didn't accidentally go days without food. This Kingdom can't afford to lose another leader.