Confession

Everything was happening so fast and King Dorephan didn't know what to do. Link had run in at the last moment to proclaim he was going to begin courting Sidon and then left so abruptly that Dorephan couldn't call him back to explain himself. What made it was worse was that the Gerudo Chief walked in as Link left so poor King Dorephan had to compose himself quickly. Now that Lady Riju was gone Sidon came bursting in with Muzu behind him yelling out that he'd like to create a new Zora tradition similar to that of a Zora Princess's but instead with the Prince's as well. He then yelled out that he wanted to marry Link. This was, without a doubt, the most confusing day for the Zora King.

Sidon stood tall and proud in front of his father, waiting for a response. Every second he didn't get one his confidence depleted slightly. The King only stared at his son with wide eyes.

"Father, I do not mean to disgrace our people in any way. I do not want to ruin old traditions or muddy up Mipha's good name with this. I cannot control where my love lies and I never meant it to fall on Link. Although looking back my feelings began to stir when he and I defeated Vah Ruta... In any case I never meant for this to happen. I'm not trying to upset Mipha's resting spirit with this and in all honesty I do not believe she would be upset. As for the traditions I just believe Zora Prince's should be allowed to express their love the same way! Muzu agrees with me!" King Dorephan looked over at Muzu questioningly who nodded slightly.

"Sidon..." King Dorephan sighed, "I do not know what you and Link are planning to do. I mean, I understand if the two you have feelings for one another but both of you proclaiming that in one day! And confessing separately to give me more surprise than if you were to do it together... At least yours was more formal than his...he just ran in here and announced that he would begin courting you!"

Sidon felt like someone just greeted him warmly only to punch him in the gut and have all the wind knocked out of him. His eyes were wide and his pupils turned into thinner slits than usual. His mouth was agape as he stared up at his father silently. He had no idea how to respond to what he just heard.

"Son? What's the matter. It almost seems as if you didn't know Link felt that way for you!" King Dorephan laughed but stopped once he noticed Sidon had the exact same expression on his face. "Wait a minute, you didn't know?"

"I was under the impression you knew as well." Muzu spoke up, looking at Sidon. "Well, I guess I sort of assumed since you asked to create an entirely new tradition to engage the King. I suppose I figured you would ask if you two were already in some sort of romantic relationship but this? No offense, my prince, but planning to wed someone without knowing if they share those same feelings...well it's just plain stupid." Sidon still said nothing.The shock was still trying to settle in. "Sir, I think something is wrong with your son." Muzu waved his hand in front of Sidon's face, tilting his head. "He doesn't seem to be responding to anything."

"I'm sure he's fine...he's just in a bit of shock is all. Could someone please escort Sidon to his room? I'm afraid he needs to rest up. And I suppose we have some things to discuss regarding...whatever new thing he wants to try." A couple of nearby guards answered their King's call and gently led the Zora Prince to his room in the Zora's underwater palace. It wasn't until Sidon was left alone in his room did he finally come to.

Tears brimmed his eyes but since he was underwater they simple intermingled with the water around him. He was blushing like mad and laughing like crazy. It felt like an immense weight had been lifted off his shoulders. Things would get better and easier for Sidon from then on, he felt it.

But oh, how wrong he was.

The Zora Prince returned to Hyrule Castle the very next day. He was excited to finally be reunited with Link after so long. There was a certain air of anxiousness though, throughout his entire trip Sidon continued to come up with preposterous scenarios where Link didn't mean courting as in he was confessing his feelings but courting as some other arbitrary thing. It was silly to think that way but Sidon couldn't help it. He just couldn't believe that this was finally happening! 

"Welcome back, my Prince." A new Zora soldier knelt down in front of Sidon as he stepped out his carriage. "I trust your trip from Zora's Domain went well?" Sidon nodded, waiting for another couple of soldiers to unpack his belongings. "Excellent."

"Yes, yes. I assume someone received my message? I wish to see the King immediately." The Zora Prince began walking rather fast through the gate that led to Castle Town. The poor Zora guard had to jog to catch up to him.

"My apologies my Prince! He is unavailable until further notice!" Sidon stopped and looked back at the guard. "We're sorry for the inconvenience...by the time we received the message he had already made plans... Again, we're terribly sorry." Sidon shook his head and continued walking up to the Castle.

"No need to apologize. It isn't your fault. What is he doing if I may ask?" 

"I'm not too sure to be honest. Sign Language isn't something that I really understand...from what I did understand he is making plans to provide funds for the Ancient Tech labs in Akkala and Hateno as well as meeting with Goron representatives about mining for the Kingdom and...I'm not sure if he said he was going to test those who wanted to join the Royal Guard by fighting monsters or by fighting him...either way the new members of the Royal Guard will be tested with some sort of combat trial." The second one sounded more probable. Sidon thanked the Zora soldier and entered the Castle. 

His nerves were still jumbling around and he was pretty sure the two guards leading him to his room noticed this. Sidon practically ran into his room once the door was opened for him. Goddess he was happy to be back. He really did miss the Castle. He missed hearing Link scuttle around at night in his room and try his best to be as silent as possible as he practiced his sword fighting. He missed taking nice strolls through Castle town and seeing the kids gaze in amazement at how tall he was (he didn't think he was that tall but the kids believed he was as tall as a Hinox).  He just missed life at the Castle.

Everything in his room was just as he left it. The blue nightshade given to him by Link was still alive and as beautiful as the day he got it. The several monster parts he had also received still seemed...well. The glass box they were put in seemed to intact so that lifted Sidon's worry that somehow the monster parts would try to escape (silly but Lynels are terrifying creatures that are capable of anything!). 

Sidon thanked the guards when they brought him his luggage and thanked them again once they promised to let the Zora Prince know when Link was finished. Finally, Sidon was left alone. He sighed as he settled into his bed, letting out a nice relaxed sigh. He seemed calm on the outside but on the inside he was as nervous as ever! He hoped it fade away once he and Link had a chance to talk.

It didn't.

Sidon was a nervous wreck when he asked Link to meet him in the secret library that held the secrets to Link's extensive past. The two of them spent a lot of time together in that room, Sidon thought it appropriate to have a conversation as important as that in there. Plus there was the knowledge that no one would accidentally walk in and interrupt. 

When Link walked in wearing his royal outfit and tired eyes with a big grin, Sidon nearly threw up. Normally the Zora Prince was a composed fellow, always confident in what he had to say or do. Hardly showed any signs of fear or nervousness. Not today. Before Link could even sign a simple hello Sidon blurted out that his father told him what Link said about courting and he was planning on presenting Link certain gifts as a sign of his love. Neither one said- or signed- anything for a bit. Link was caught off guard and confused for a moment but he smiled, took a giant hand in his own smaller one, and gave him reassuring pat. 

The small gesture wasn't really much but for Sidon it was the tip of the iceberg. Tears welled up in his eyes and this time they streamed down his cheeks. A happy smiled spread across both their faces as they embraced (Sidon had to crouch down so Link could hug him properly). Both of them stayed like that for a while, enjoying one another's presence. Link was the first to let go but he still held onto Sidon's hand tightly. 

"Sorry for not telling you this sooner, my love. I'm not the best with any sort of romantic problems, especially not my own." Link scoffed.

"I hate to be the bearer of bad news Sidon, but I have to admit you made your feelings a bit obvious. Not that I'm complaining, I enjoyed it." Link winked and Sidon rolled his eyes a bit, blushing lightly. He supposed he did make it a little obvious, at one point he practically confessed his love to Link. Ah well. In the end it only helped Sidon gain the love of the one he loved most.