Hyrule Historia: Part I

"It would be wise to return to the castle before the sun sets." Sidon spoke quietly, opening an eye to glance over at Link. The two of them were spending a relaxing afternoon on the grassy field just south of the castle. The view was nice and the weather was wonderful. Link had brought along two of his horses to get some time to stretch their legs. The King of Hyrule was sitting on a tree, attempting to get a little nap but he hasn't managed to fall asleep.

Link sighed rather loudly and nodded. Glancing over at Hyrule castle with a dissatisfied expression, he jumped down from the tree and begrudgingly headed towards Sidon. Both of them had been avoiding going to the secret library Dorephan had mentioned to Link. Link avoided it because he didn't want to learn anything from his bloodline's past that may upset him. Sidon avoided it because he didn't want to learn anything from Link's past that would upset him. However the two of them knew they couldn't tiptoe around it forever. Besides, Link had done one rather exhausting task and it might be nice to unwind in the library for hours.

What was the task? Link had to track down Beedle and convince him to set his on-the-go shop aside just long enough to map out the safest areas of Hyrule for a merchant to travel to. Now this may seem like something easy, Beedle must've surely accepted this job in a heartbeat! He did not. Beedle had to be convinced by Link, not in rupees, but in beetles. It was quite amusing really. Half the roaming merchants got to see their King wear the Sheikah armor and crawl around on the ground silently to try to grab the rarest of beetles.

Sidon and Link walked side by side. Link kept his sword out just in case. There was a very small chance of any monster or Yiga Clan member attacking but he had to be safe. Especially with Sidon around.

"You're quite adorable you know- when you're in what I like to call "protective mode."" Link's marching-like walk faltered as he looked up at Sidon with a look of confusion and slight embarrassment. "Don't take a offense by it! It's a compliment! You see, I've noticed when you're prepared to fight your ears tend to twitch back, mimicking a cat's ears or a dogs! You also have a habit of speeding up only to pause and stand there with the sword in your hand. Like I said, it's quite adorable." Link blinked and suddenly it was as if awkwardness had consumed him. He raised his hands up, and began signing his response. However his slight confusion and embarrassment intermingled with his tendency to be a bit too blunt and he embarrassed himself, and Sidon, more than he realized.

"I think you're adorable when you're looking at me and you think I don't notice." The Zora prince's eyes widened and he quickly looked straight ahead, clearing his threat.

"R-Right well. Shall we...er...discuss what we should be looking for the in library? Is there anything specific we should seek out first? We don't want to walk in blindly." Sidon asked quickly and awkwardly. Link didn't seem to notice the very obviously surprised and embarrassed Zora so he simply shrugged and responded normally.

"I suppose we start at the beginning, whatever that may be." Sidon nodded and the two walked in silence.

~

One characteristic of Link's that Sidon had the honor of remembering was the fact that he was extremely impatient. The King of Hyrule just slammed down the third book he had opened and was currently laying on the floor groaning in annoyance. The King then tossed a small pebble a foot away from Sidon to get the Zora's attention.

"This is impossible." Link signed to his friend, "I can't find one that could tell of the beginnings of Hyrule or anything of significance."

"Patience, your highness." Sidon closed the book in his hands that detailed Hyrule Castle's older designs. Nothing too important but still interesting. "The books are old and there are many of them, one will be the one you're looking for. You just need to have the patience for it." Link rolled his eyes at that, crossing his arms as well. "I understand you're used to getting things when you want them what with you having control over your own life but these things take time." The Hylian somewhat annoyed face fell just a bit at the realization that Sidon was right. "I'll go fetch a cook to make us something to eat while we're in here. I know how much a good meal means to you." Link thanked Sidon, even offering him a half smile, just as Sidon stood up and ventured out into the castle.