Wedding

"Two days." Impa hummed as she ran her fingers through Link's hair, trying to pull out any twigs that kept mysteriously appearing. "Two days until Sidon can officially be dubbed Sidon Hyrule, Prince Consort of the Kingdom of Hyrule and you can be dubbed Link Hyrule, Prince Consort of the Zora Kingdom." The old woman plucked out a leaf before gently pouring water on Link's long locks. "It's quite funny how the Zora people don't have last names isn't it? I never understood that but I suppose it must have something to do with ancient traditions." Link nodded a little. He was not paying much attention to what Impa was saying in all honesty. In that secret room of the ancient heroes of Hyrule had found one of many books. The one he was reading seemed to offer smaller details on the former heroes. Their likes, dislikes, home life, that sort of stuff.

The Sheikah elder dragged the brush through the dirty blond hair and smiled. "Paya has commissioned for lovely new coat to be made for you for your wedding. She's really gotten invested in this entire event. To be frank I'm quite happy she hasn't taken this too hard. Her crush on you had me worried when you tasked her to help plan your wedding. But she has overcome any feelings of grief she's had. Don't tell her I said this but I have read her diary and she's confessed she likes you much better as a best friend than a spouse or anything like that. She's said that your rambunctious behavior would probably have killed her by now. Of course that's not meant to offend you." Link chuckled and set his book down for a moment to lift his hands up into the air so Impa could see and signed out his response.

"I've read her diary too- don't worry." Impa laughed quietly.

The sound of Impa's quiet hums filled the room, joined with the noise of Link turning the ancient pages of heroes long since gone. The brush ran through his tangled, somewhat dirty hair and tried it's best to clean up the messy locks. When all was said and done, Impa made Link stand up so she could take a better look. She examined her work, made him turn in a circle and nodded.

"I've done the best I could to fix the mess you call hair. But no matter how hard my frail old hands try I cannot seem to get your hair to stay neat. But I suppose those wild strands are what makes you, you." She reached into her pocket and pulled out a light blue band. "My my, your hair has grown quite a lot. It's nearly the length of your entire back. At this rate your ponytail will be as long as mine was when I was a young girl!" As she beckoned for him to kneel down so she can pull his hair into a perfect ponytail he stopped her.

"I'd like to try something new." Impa raised an eyebrow. As Link flipped to a page in his book showing the Hero of Twilight in his more casual clothes. Several messy sketches of him in different angles were quickly drawn onto the paper by whatever oracle wrote this particular section. "If you believe you can do it- or if you think it'll even look good on me- I'd like to try his hairstyle. I don't know why but it just kind of stuck to me. To be pretty honest I admire him- me?- uh, that hero."

"Hm." The Sheikah elder examined the pages and nodded slowly. "I'll go fetch some scissors and get started." Impa turned to leave but Link stopped her and pulled a pair out from a nearby drawer. Impa smiled and and took the scissors before motioning for him to sit down. "It's about time you take my advice and cut this mane of yours. It'll be a nice change and a great look dear. Just you watch." Impa glanced over at the many detailed drawings of the Twilight Hero before parting and preparing Link's hair.

-

Before any wedding of anyone in the royal Zora family a small ritual or sorts takes place. The Zora with the royal blood is the only participant and it is a long, tedious task. The ritual calls for the one to be married, Sidon the Zora Prince in this case, to do a lengthy amount of prayer. First, to Farore the Goddess of Courage. Sidon must pray to her and ask for the courage for the events that will soon take place as well as the courage to push through any negative obstacle, no matter how big or small. Next, he must pray to the Goddess Din, the Goddess of Power. His prayers to her will be ones asking for the power to keep his marriage and its bond strong forever after. Then prayers to Nayru, the Goddess of Wisdom, are put into place. He will ask her to share her wisdom in times of trouble, share her wisdom in times where he is unsure of his love for his spouse or unsure of what to do to fix any sort of problems. Finally, Sidon is to pray to the previous Zora rulers. He is to ask them to protect not only himself and his kingdom, but his new spouse. He is to ask them for their blessing and forever look out for the love of his life. When all prayer is done Sidon will be presented with the ancient Zora pearls used by the previous rulers used on their own wedding days to give to whomever he's marrying. However that's not the end of it! He must stay where he is and think long and hard over the life changing decision he is making. When is he allowed to leave? When the ancient spirits of the Zora see him to be completely confident in his decision.