Engagement

"Hold still!" Impa had infinite patience but for some reason all that ran out when she tried to comb Link's hair. Goddess, that boy never did comb his hair. She found twigs in there! He hasn't been out in the forests for ages!

"It hurts. You're hurting your king and for that I will probably do something about it." Impa hummed and rolled her eyes as she continued running the brush through his mass of tangled hair.

"Go on, your highness. Throw this frail old woman in jail for a hundred years or so." Link snorted. He didn't know what it was about the Sheikah Elder that made him feel like a young child. Maybe it was the fact that she treated him like her own, maybe it was the fact that he knew he could be more relaxed around her. Whatever it was he was grateful he has those small moments where he could sit and pretend that he was a little boy and Impa was his mother or grandmother trying to comb his too messy hair.

"You really should cut your hair soon. It's about half way down your back and is full tangles." Link nodded but both of them knew he wouldn't cut his hair anytime soon. Impa finished up and tied his hair back into his usual ponytail. She walked slowly around him and admired her work. "I remember when I used to comb Paya's hair. She'd squirm nearly as much as you do." The elder chuckled and slowly walked to the pillow Link placed his crown on. When she placed it in his head, Impa made sure the crown didn't ruin her expertly made ponytail.

This day was the day he was to be engaged. Nearly the entire kingdom was invited to the Zora's Domain just to see the King of Hyrule and Prince of the Zora get engaged. So many people, so much food. So many people. Link didn't even want to think of how many there would be at his wedding. No, no. This wasn't the time to think of that. Right now Link had bigger fish to fry- er, engage.

"Are you going to finish getting dressed or will you just stand there looking confused until it is time to leave?" Link blinked and nodded. Impa was already sitting in her usual spot and staring at Link who was staring off into space. "I have personally chosen what you will wear from what you brought. Thank Hylia you brought a variety. That green tunic, little shorts, and pointy hat may have been appropriate attire for defeating the Calamity, and perhaps was considered to be something fancy back in the era of the Hero of Time, but not for an engagement." Link grinned and shrugged before he jogged up the stairs to Impa and Paya's shared room. Of course Paya chose the most...royal looking clothes. A long, deep blue coat (robe? It certainly looked like one to Link) with golden-yellow shoulders that protruded out. The little buttons were gold as well and each one had the Triforce engraved on it. All around the end yellow threads created a pattern of swirls that vaguely reminded Link of the patterns on the ancient shrines, his cuffs held the same pattern and color. The shirt he wore underneath that coat was white though its ruffled design didn't make it as blinding as it should have been (but it at least made Link feel a bit like a pirate). His shirt buttons were, as expected, little triangles. He was starting to get tired of the Triforce but he had to deal with it again, his belt had a gigantic Triforce on the center of it. Thankfully his pants were just off-white and his boots were simply boots. Though the heels on them were just a half inch higher than normal.

After getting dressed Link trudged down the stairs, he felt overdressed but what could he do? This was normal King attire, if anything he was always severely under-dressed. Impa smiled once she saw him and waved him over. She had a wooden box in her lap which she opened when Link was close enough. She pulled out a variety of rings (most of them having the Triforce but some had small gems with the symbols of the Goddesses on them) and gave most of them to Link. He asked if maybe this was a bit too much. Impa scoffed and proclaimed that this was a very special event, he might as well be as fancy as ever!

Finally, finally, after nearly an entire morning of primping and preparing, Link piled into his royal carriage with Paya and Impa. The two Sheikah had on lovely blue robes that was supposedly only worn for special occasions. Impa took the time to paint on the Sheikah symbol on her left eye, something she constantly had when she was younger. Throughout the trip to the Zora's Domain the three talked. Impa eased Link's nerves and Paya eased Impa's nerves (Impa was slightly worried that Link would accidentally do something to ruin the day due to his nerves like run off and accidentally anger the nearby Lynel. Much to Impa's pleasure Link would do no such thing that day). As they talked Link clutched a small package, Paya questioned him what it was at one point what it was but Link refused to answer.