The New King of Hyrule

Often times when Link slept he had the misfortune of sleeping on the nights the Blood Moon happened to appear. However that night he felt as if maybe things wouldn't be so bad. A Blood Moon most likely wouldn't show since Calamity Ganon was gone so he had no real reason to not sleep. He didn't realize how wrong he was.

It started out so innocently. So nice and calming. It was like Link was remembering another forgotten memory. He and Zelda were out in the Castle's Courtyard where training was being held for the new knights. Link wasn't helping those newcomers train, instead he managed to snag a dummy and was using it for his own training. As he jumped backwards before lunging forward and did a series of spin attacks Zelda watched. She had placed her book down and sat contently behind her knight. After a while of doing more and more practice attacks Link noticed something...unsettling. Everything was deathly quiet. The clashing of swords and grunts of the young knights could no longer be heard. Link paused and turned to Zelda. She was gone. Panic shot through Link's body as he instantly ran to the nearest door. Please please let Zelda be inside.

The room was dark. Pitch black. Link looked around in confusion before turning around to exit. The door was gone.

"Link." It wasn't Zelda's voice but Link turned around and prayed it was her. Standing there was...someone. Her hair was a deep brown and she wore a long dress. Clearly she was a member of the royal family. She wore the infamous bird that represented Hyrule through the ages as well as the Triforce. However Link didn't recognize her.

"Link." Two voices this time. He turned around again and saw a small girl standing there in a long white dress. An older girl stood next to her looking nearly identical to the child. Both of them were royals as well. They wore the same bird and the Triforce.

"Link." He flinched and turned once more. Another girl stood there. She was different. Instead of the royal dress she wore a long flowing white one. However the Triforce embedded on her hand gave Link the impression that she was still in a position of importance.

"Link." They all spoke at the same time, their blank expressions gave the Hylian Champion an eerie feeling. "You have failed us. You have failed them." Link blinked and in that one second where his eyes were closed appeared more people. Only this time they weren't the princess-like girls. No. These Hylians were none other than Link's ancestors. The previous Heroes of Hyrule. However Link didn't know this, and wouldn't realize they were until he later came to realize it. For now he would believe it was his mind creating different versions of himself to mock him.

Standing along side the girl in the flowing white gown stood a man, or perhaps a very mature looking teen. He wore a Tunic of green and had on an expression that could kill. He stood protectively by the girls side, Master Sword in hand. Link's eyes widened as he stared into the determined looking eyes of the Hylian in front of him. He lowered his own sword and turned around only to be greeted by three more Hylians. Two of them were young boys. One had a peculiar looking instrument in hand and the other had a mask on. The mask itself just looked cursed, it didn't help that it's giant orangey-yellow eyes stared deep into Link's soul and the boy kept twitching. Besides them was another Hylian, looking a few years older than the boys in front of him. His face looked sad but fierce nonetheless. Link almost didn't want to look but his head turned to the direction of the final girl. Standing besides her was, as expected, another Hylian. He wore the same green Tunic as the first he saw. Only this time his eyes looked cold and unforgiving, like an animal. Maybe Link only believed this because there was an unusually large wolf standing defensively on the opposite side with the same viscous eyes.

He was shaking. He couldn't hold his sword correctly and he knew at this rate he'd drop the legendary sword. The wolf growled and barked loudly at Link. The noise startled him and he stumbled backwards. Who were these guys. Why did they all look so similar. Why did they all look like him.