Visions: Hylian Edition

Goodbyes are, perhaps, the hardest thing Link has endured. He has had to say goodbye to any normal life he had lived before the Calamity. He has had to say goodbye to his friends, the Champions. He has had to say goodbye to his memories. He has had to say goodbye to Princess Zelda as she died in his arms. Now, he had to say goodbye to his fiancé so he could make the trip back to Hyrule Castle and return to his royal duties. Sidon was to stay at the Zora's Domain and spend some much needed time with his people. Of course, the two would be planning their wedding (with help of course!) while they stayed in their respective Kingdoms. It'd be difficult but they couldn't spend every waking second together to plan their wedding. They needed to also pay attention to their responsibilities and blah blah blah. So technically speaking the two wouldn't see each other until the day of their actual wedding. 

Which was complete agony for Link.

Don't get Sidon wrong- he was going to be miserable as well!- but he thought it to be a sort of romantic thing. They wouldn't see each other until their wedding day and that would make that day so much more special. Link didn't exactly think that way and was already scheming up a plan to finish a months worth of work in less than a week. Sidon had to force Link to promise he wouldn't do that and to just go along with their plan. Link begrudgingly agreed.

So they did as planned. Link returned to the castle and Sidon stayed home. Over the course of two and a half months Link and Sidon prepared for their wedding. They had several willing helpers (which was consisted of Bolson, Rhondson, and Paya as well as a few others) who would help the two communicate their plans and ideas via letters as well as actually getting the decorations, food, and just about everything else ready. Link promised everyone who was helping a hearty reward but they all turned it down and insisted they were more than happy to help for free.

The help was greatly appreciated by both Sidon and Link. Link was overwhelmed by the many new issues that suddenly surged in the Kingdom. Few funds to support the rebuilding of a certain village, sudden surge of monster attacks in more remote areas where travelers often explored, questions on how Hyrule would defend itself against Ganon's attack (Better to start preparing too early rather than too late), questions on how the Princess with Goddess blood would be born into the royal family and how the next hero of legend would be born if Link was going to marry a Zora. Offspring between a Hylian and Zora has never happened before, mostly because hardly any Hylians marry Zoras, so how would the hero and princess be born? These questions, as well as others, were always thrown at Link the moment he woke up. It was stressing and he was tired of them but he tried his best not to let that get to him.

Some of the problems were obviously easier to handle. The funds? Link would create a team of miners and have them mine for rare and precious gems. He had discovered that the last king had hidden away chests filled with rupees just in case Hyrule was in trouble financially. Link would be up to the task but he knew he couldn't be the one exploring Hyrule for hidden chests so he would create another team to track down the hidden rupees. Monster attacks? He hired Kilton to teach a group of elite soldiers on the specific monster they were going to face. If the soldiers couldn't peacefully move the monsters than they'd had to resort to a more violent option. Protection against Ganon? Link consulted Impa, Purah, and Robbie. The four of them discussed possible ideas and plans for defeating Ganon and protecting the civilians as well as new technology. The Divine Beasts were going to be put away, placed below the Kingdom's ground and saved. They couldn't be used again, not after last time. The birth of the new hero and goddess blooded princess? This was more difficult. Since the blood of the Goddess Hylia ran through the bloodlines of the ancient Hyrulean family, Link didn't have that. So if there was any sort of possibility that by some miracle Link and Sidon somehow managed to have children, their child wouldn't have the Goddess's blood. But Link recalled the Goddess mentioning that he had his share of the Triforce returned to him, as well as received Zelda's piece. Perhaps maybe the shard of wisdom was the only thing he needed in order to carry the blood of the Goddess? He didn't know. But even if that was the case, how would he have a child? Aside from the fact that Sidon was a male, a Hylian and Zora have never had a child before. This was a dilemma and Link nearly had a panic attack before he reminded himself that the Goddesses had planned for all this. He was sure they knew something would happen and the next Goddess-blooded princess would get there one way or another. As for the next legendary hero...well Link already knew the answer to that. He would die at one point and return to the world in a new life. No need to worry over bearing children there. The next hero was already there! This, however, wasn't something he could explain to anyone who asked. The answer was too complicated and probably something completely insane. So, when asked, Link simply shrugged and answered that the Goddess had a plan. With prayer the true answer would come to him. Everyone accepted this answer.