Zelda's Diary

The smell of professionally cooked salmon, a wild berry crepe, and some nice milk was the only reason why Link woke up. Other than that the stubborn Hylian would've simply yanked the covers over his head and squeezed his eyes shut. He sat up slowly, yawned, then opened his eyes. The platter of food was waiting for him on the bedside table. Next to that was a chair that had some weirdly royal looking clothes laid across it. It wasn't until Link saw the chair that he realized he was inside and it was now noon.

Link blinked and looked around. He was inside the King's- his room. A moment of panic caused Link to jump out of the bed and rip the blankets off. Something clattered on the floor on the other side of the bed and Link dove for it. The small rusty sword was in his hands once again, he was relieved that the sword was still with him. Of course Link knew he couldn't just carry the weapon with him wherever he went, people would think he was crazier than they already thought he was. Luckily though, Bolson had done Link the favor of placing weapon holders in his room. Along the walls replicas of the champions weapons were displayed and, for now, his rusty sword from the past would be displayed alongside them.

A faint knock on the door made Link jump but he collected himself and opened it up. Sidon was standing there. His tall frame could was just an inch shorter than the actual door. The Zora smiled brightly at his friend. He wasn't going to mention the fact that he had found Link crying in his sleep on top of a pile of debris of an old home early that morning. He was simply going to pretend as if he didn't see anything and he didn't carry him in and lay next to him for hours, attempting to soothe the sleep-crying Hylian. "Good morning my friend. Or more, good afternoon!" Sidon allowed himself in as Link sat up. "I've prepared you a meal. I was hoping we would have time to maybe go over some sort of speech or introduction you may give out to the kingdom once you fully acknowledge yourself as the new King. However I don't think that may be a good idea yet." Link grunted and chugged the milk before stuffing the fish in his mouth. He was definitely in some sort of bad mood.

"I laid out some clothes for you," Sidon pointed at the clothes on the chair, "but perhaps today could be a day where the two of us just lounge around and explore the castle?" Another grunt from the Hylian as he pushed the empty plate aside and grabbed the crepe. "While you were asleep I found the part of the library that holds Hyrule's Secrets. Perhaps you and I could read up on it together?" This seemed to spark up Link's attention. His ears perked up slightly, like an adorable little dog!, and he nodded. "Great!" Sidon stood up and nearly yanked Link up to his feet before half-dragging him out to the halls. "Oh, by the way, I have paid off the rest of the debt we owe Bolson and I've hired him to rebuild Castle town! I figured it would make the castle seem a bit more welcoming if there were actual houses surrounding the area." Link only nodded in response but Sidon assumed and hoped that that nod meant Link was a least somewhat excited that Hyrule was slowly rebuilding itself.

The two walked down the halls and stairs. Sidon idly spoke as to not create any awkward silence and Link politely listened. However Link's mind couldn't help wander to his previous encounter. It was kind of a big deal for him. He had learned something about himself. Himself and not his mission. Himself and not the princess. Himself. He wanted more. Maybe the Goddesses would drop down a magic map that held every little significant area of Link's past. He wouldn't mind going out and looking for that.

Link bumped into Sidon with an "oomf!" and stumbled back. Sidon had apparently said something as he began unlocking a rather large door and was looking at him out of the corner of his eye waiting for a response. Link nodded eagerly, hoping that that was satisfactory. Luckily it was. The Zora Prince smiled and stepped aside, allowing Link to enter first.

The smell of old books and a bit of mold filled Link's nose. This room was almost twice the size of Zelda's private study however it didn't seem all that impressive. Both of them expected the floor to be decorated with expensive rugs and perhaps a mahogany table with matching chairs. Maybe the walls would be lined with banners that donned the famous bird-like creature that reappeared in the castle's main decorating. Maybe the shelves would be painted white and gold to make everything look more elegant. Nope. They were in a sad little cobblestone room that had no tables, chairs, or windows. The bookshelves looked like they were on the edge of collapsing and there were some very old and rusty chests scattered about.