Link's Prayers

The Goddess statue was huge and it kind of intimidated Link. He didn't know why but he imaged that maybe the actual Goddess was trapped inside. Maybe it had something to do with stories of when Hyrule was flooded and the Goddesses took forms of statues or something like that. He probably wasn't remembering the story right though.

Link stared up at the Goddess statue and knelt down, unsheathing his sword once again. As he did when he first pulled the sword from its resting place deep in the Korok Forest, Link rested the sword against his forehead and closed his eyes. He didn't exactly know how to pray or who to pray to but he was sure he would at least do bad enough that one of the Goddesses might pity him and answer his prayer. He took in a deep breath and began thinking up his prayer.

"Goddess...Goddesses Farore, Din, and Nayru, I ask you to answer my plead. I, Link, the appointed Knight of the...late Princess Zelda who had the blood of a goddess in her veins come asking for anything you have to offer. I need guidance, advice, anything. As you three are the Goddesses of Wisdom, Power, and Courage I understand I am molded by you three to have a piece of those three aspects embedded in me. I am not fitted to be a prince. You three have designed my life, past lives, and future lives, to be a servant of Hyrule. However my fate has been put to jeopardy and I have no clue as to what my next move is. This is why I ask for your help." Link waited in silence. No response. No magical echo-y voice in his head and no rumbling to indicate the arrival of anything to help him. He sighed.

"You have done well to end the terror of Calamity Ganon, young hero." A loud voice boomed throughout the room. It sounded angelic yet distorted at the same time. It also faintly sounded like three different voices... "You have come seeking the help of the Goddesses yet you do not need it. The path is as luminous as the moon is at night. You are still a servant to Hyrule." Link frowned and opened his eyes, looking up at the statue. He didn't know if he had to physically communicate to the statue but he assumed what he was doing before would work as well.

"I don't understand. Zelda has worked her whole life to become of use to Hyrule. She has worked to access her powers and once she had them she met her death. Why? Why couldn't she stay and be the heir of the throne?"

"Hero of Hyrule, the Triforce is meant to be split up between three. One possess Wisdom, one Power, and one Courage. The Princess, unfortunately, possessed all three pieces and the power was too much for her to handle, even with Goddess blood. This is why Ganon's form is different than the ones described in legends. If he were to possess the piece of Power, his physical body would have been stronger than ever. If you were to have possessed the piece of Courage and Zelda of Wisdom, those two alone would not be enough to be able to seal away the darkness. In order to save the land we created, this time one had to possess the full power of the Triforce and risk losing their life. And since the Princess has the goddess blood we saw it fit to give her the entirety of the Triforce."

"But..." Link ran a hand through his hair, confused, "If you have such great power then why not just stop Ganon on your own?"

"The Three of us together are more powerful than Ganon, that is true, but if we were to use the power then our life sources would be depleted and there would be no guarantee we would succeed in remaining alive in the sense that you know. We would be ridding Hyrule of evil for a temporary amount of time but destroying ourselves in the process. As the creators of this land we also hold full power over the Triforce, it is given to whom ever we please, without us that one major key to your victory would be free to whomever, that is why we have chosen your bloodline to act as our weapon against the evil. You have always possessed the power of Courage, and now that you have defeated Ganon and Zelda has sadly met her end, your piece has returned to you. You also have the power of Wisdom laying dormant inside of you. Ganon has yet to fully take hold of his piece, luckily he won't have it for a very very long time. Hyrule has a prosperous future ahead of it and Ganon will not make his way in it any time soon. For now, at least."

"Please," Link stepped forward, extending his hand out to the statue as if it were going to step off its pedestal and walk away, "I need something. Something to guide me in this...this unfamiliar way of life. I need something."

"The ancient dragons that serve us will guide you. Since you are the embodiment of of Courage you will need to make your way to the Spring of Courage. Pray to Farore and she will help you begin your journey. Good luck, hero." The voice echoed away and Link was once again standing alone in silence. He looked at the Master Sword in his hand, his reflection stared right back at him. Sighing, he put it away once more. The Sheikah Slate was taken off of its place upon Link's hip and a moment later Link was standing at the edge of Hateno Village.

~

Approximately two days passed since his little chat with the Goddesses of Hyrule and Link hadn't left his bed from his home in Hateno Village. Partially because he was extremely sleep deprived and partly because he no energy go try to figure out whatever riddle the Goddess of Courage would throw at him. However Link was planning on leaving very soon. In fact he could leave now if he wanted to, a simple Sheikah Slate trip and he'd be at the Spring in no time. However Link, as said before, had no energy.

The Hero turned onto his side and pulled the blanket over his head. The sun was beginning to set and the villagers' noise was beginning to calm down. Outside his horse would let out the occasional neigh or whinny. Link's eyes began to slowly close before a loud and disruptive knock at his front door scared him awake. The Hylian grumbled and rolled off his bed, stood up, and walked down stairs to open the door. Once he did open the door he did not, however, find a person there. Instead he found some professionally cooked salmon on the ground accompanied with a wild berry crepe and some warm milk.

~

Link had everything he needed gathered up and he was ready to go. The food he had been anonymously given worked wonders and now he was energized and completely ready to take on anything and anyone. He should've known a good meal would be the thing that pulled him out of his slightly depressing emotional state and got him back on his feet. As his finger's glided over the screen of his Slate, Link wondered who had given him the food. He assumed it was the same person as before, so perhaps it was a Zora? What Zora knew how to cook that? Or maybe it was a Hylian who was visiting the Zora back then and has happened to see Link here as well? He supposed he'd never know.

A click later and Link was at the Spring of Courage, behind the great Goddess' statue. The brightest light was already shining on it and Link admired the light as he walked around and in front of the statue. As he did before, Link knelt down in the water and rested the Master Sword against his forehead.

"O, Goddess Farore, Goddess of Courage. I come to you seeking guidance." Link only felt a little dumb as he thought his prayer. No one talked like that, not anymore at least.

"Link," The voice echoed throughout the surrounding area, this time sounding clearer than before, "you have come to me, Farore, for guidance. You possess the Triforce shard of Courage and of Wisdom. Yes, I see you have faced many hardships in your journey." The Hylian looked up at the statue. "Your journey as the leader of Hyrule is one that is odd to you. I can see it in your mind. You believe so many things about yourself that are far from true. For this I will lead you to someone who will help you a great deal. You must first, however reclaim Hyrule Castle for yourself. It is an important aspect of the land my sisters and I have created. Return Hyrule Castle to its formal glory with the aid of your guide. From there one you will find answers to hidden questions and you will be led to the correct path." The wind suddenly picked up and there was electricity in the air. Link looked up to See Farosh flying in gracefully. Every electric ball that usually shot out of his body missed Link and he didn't know if it was on purpose or not. "Farosh, servant and protector of the Spring of Courage, will take you to where you will find the one that will guide you." Farosh extended one gigantic clawed hand and snatched Link up into the air. The Hylian let out a yelp and looked at the Goddess Statue once more.

"Wait!" Link leaned down but it useless really, "Who is my guide? How will I know it's them?!"

"Good luck, Hero of the Wild." The holy light around the Goddess statue died down just before a ball of electricity shot at Link, forcing him into unconsciousness.