Hyrule Historia: Part IIII

"Dear sister." Sidon sat crossed legged at the area where the bodies of the Champions were buried at the very beginning of Link's journey to be King. "Every day I feel as if I'm forgetting all about you. I hole myself up in my room and work nonstop to finish my very own gift of declaration for Link and I don't stop to think of how you may be faring with this all." He twirled the long grass around his fingers, a soft and sad smile on his face. "I wonder if you've been watching me through Link's eyes, a part of your spirit rests within him so surely you must see me...are you upset? I never meant for these kinds of feelings to surface, you know I am not one to simply fall in love for any Hylian that comes waltzing into the Zora Domain."

"I pray to the ancient Goddesses that you haven't grown angry at me..." He sighed again and rolled his eyes. "What am I saying, of course you aren't. You aren't one to be angry because of something I had no control over. What is wrong with me..." He rubbed his eyes, tears beginning to form at the corners of his eyes. "It's been so long without you, I can't even remember how forgiving you were. Often I wish...I wish I could see you once in my dreams. I wish the great Goddesses that watch over us would bless me with at least one visit from your spirit." A hand rested on Sidon's shoulder causing the Zora to jump. Link walked out from behind Sidon, his arms and pockets overflowing with acorns. The Hylian offered the Prince an acorn, which Sidon happily took. He smiled at Link with tearful eyes and practically broke down when Link dropped the food in his hands to hug him.

The hug lasted a while, perhaps longer than any normal person would make it. But Sidon was crying and Link didn't ever want to let go of him. The Zora's gigantic head buried into Link's chest (who knew that Sidon sitting crossed-legged and just a bit hunched over would be the same height as Link standing up) and Link soothingly rubbed along the shark tail on his head. After a while Sidon pulled away, sniffling and rubbing the remaining tears away.

"I am sorry you had to see me in such a moment of vulnerability." He said, his voice shaking a bit. "It seems after holding in the tears for so long I have finally broken down. I apologize." Link shook his head, telling him not to apologize. "Yes, well," The Zora cleared his throat and stood up, "Shall we return to the castle? We have more to read." Link shook his head again.

"You go home." Sidon wasn't shocked, he somewhat expected this actually. Link knew when Sidon needed a break and perhaps this was a good time for one. Being home with his father would surely fix him up. He could even spend time looking at old photographs of himself with Mipha. "I'll arrange for someone to escort you while you pack up." Sidon smiled and gently hugged the Hylian King, murmuring a soft thank you. The two of them broke apart and walked to the castle. Sidon didn't even bother to think if Link had heard of his love for him.

-

The Twilight Realm was something of a mystery, a frightening mystery. While people understood the inhabitants meant no real harm old legends would remind them that the Twilight was only created out of the greed in peoples hearts and their desire to join the Goddesses and use their power.

Link was reading to himself since Sidon had left home. It would be hard and he would hate every second of it but if it meant Sidon was home and relaxing then he would endure it.

The Hero of the Twilight's story was one considered to be odd. He was a family-less sheep herder in a town just in the outskirts of Hyrule. He lived alone with his horse (surprisingly enough this was the same horse the Hero of Time had) but had a variety of friends; a group of small children that were all constantly in awe of his swordsmanship, the father of one of these children, and a girl around his age. His adventure began when invaders from the Twilight Realm captured the girl and the young boy, and spread Twilight all over Hyrule. The inhabitants of this world immediately turned into spirits, for those of the light cannot live in the corrupted Twilight, except the Hero. The shard of the Triforce he had transformed him into a Divine Beast, a wolf.