New Zora Traditions

"Ah how I've missed the Domain." Impa breathed in fresh air as Link held onto one of her arms, escorting Impa down the long bridge into Zora's Domain. "It has been quite a long time...over one hundred years since I last visited." She smiled and looked up at the Hylian Champion. "I remember the days the Domain showed off its underwater palace. Ah, such a beauty it was. Not to mention the many handsome Zora folk that would offer to buy me a special Zora helm that would allow me to breath underwater to give me a tour...and flirt with me." The Sheikah elder laughed at the memory of her younger days but left Link in a state of discomfort. After all, Impa was only a few years older than Zelda and he before the Calamity struck and yet she was still picking up Zora suitors left and right. It was just...weird. "I must say I'm still surprised you wanted this. I know you're very stubborn about these kinds of things, especially now after being so used to doing things on your own and winging it."

"Revali winged it and he died." Link signed with one hand. "After what Riju told me my eyes have been opened. I don't want Hyrule to die because I turned out to be a horrible King." Impa hummed in agreement and let go of Link's arm once they were just a few feet away from the entrance to the Domain. She took it all in, smiling contently. "You and King Dorephan are the only two that I know that would be willing to give me honest help."

"I'm glad you can trust us with these things, Link. It shows you really are maturing. You're already on the correct path to becoming a wonderful king." The Sheikah elder walked slowly into the Zora Domain, smiling at its residents. Link had his eyes focused straight ahead. Sidon hasn't come home- back to the castle yet and he didn't want him to feel like Link's being there was a sign to go back. If Sidon was happy at his home then Link wouldn't ruin that. 

"Mipha..." Impa sighed, pulling Link out of his thoughts. She paused at the statue of the Zora Princess, placing a hand on it and bowing her head in respect. "Such a brave young woman. So full of optimism and courage." Link shifted uncomfortably, not looking up. He hadn't forgotten about Mipha the way he had Zelda. No, she haunted the corners of his mind every time he looked at Sidon and felt love flood his heart. 

Impa made it up the many steps to King Dorephan's throne room without Link helping her. She insisted on doing it herself, like old times. The Zora King was more than happy to see the Sheikah elder after so many years, he ordered a Zora guard to bring a few chairs for herself and Link as well as some kind of refreshment. Impa sat down once the chairs were brought in and Link sat down as well. He was obviously a bit nervous for whatever they would discuss within the next few hours.

"So," The Zora King leaned back in his throne and stared down the King of Hyrule, "you've come for guidance. I must say I am very surprised given your nature. But I am more than happy to help in any way possible. What is it exactly you need help with?" Impa sipped the tea brought to her and looked at Link over the cup, motioning for him to begin. The King stared down at his lap for a minute before he began.

"I have no clue what I'm doing and I need to know how to be a great King- like you." Dorephan laughed at that.

"While that is a rather nice compliment I wouldn't say I'm a great King. No one can be a great king, my son. You must learn this. There will always be one person who sees different." Link looked down again, Imp patted his knee. "But do not fret, I will still help you." The Zora King smiled warmly before he continued. "A King listens to his people. He needs to take the needs of the many and figure out a way to please everyone, or at least enough people. Now being a king isn't just about people. It's about your kingdom as well. You must do what's best for the kingdom as a whole."

"I believe that won't be the hard part for you, Link." Impa set her up down as she spoke. "Your heart and soul belongs to Hyrule. You quite obviously will do anything for the kingdom. The only problem is your lack of skills to put that love to use. Now while you have gotten much done; improved traveling routes, village restoration, growing army and more solid connections with the other four races, but there is more. There is trade, laws, taxes, appointing people who will be qualified enough to handle things you're too busy to handle. There will be the necessity of having to sit and listen to your subjects and speak with an expert team to fix problems. These kinds of things is what you have lacked to do."