vingt deux - moonlight

"Mitch, what are you doing here with Troye?" Jacob asked causing both of the boys to turn their heads and stop laughing. Troye didn't even turn his head towards the voice, but, instead, rolled his eyes.

"Chill dude, we were just having some fun and I was teaching Troye how to swim, nothing else. Don't worry, I am not gonna let him drown," Mitch said with a smile.

"But why?"

"Well, because he's my friend and he asked me to teach him swimming," Mitch bluntly replied.

"But-" 

Before Jacob could even finish his sentence, Troye snorted as he spoke up,

"We should leave because Jakey is disturbing us, Mitchy," Troye said as he looked at Jacob.

Mitch shrugged but Jacob just gritted his teeth together and said,

"That's not how you teach to swim, Mitch. You were just making that boy giggle and just-" Jacob said, jealousy completely taking control over his mouth and leading to him not even know what he was trying to say.

"Well, I told you, we were having some fun, too," Mitch said.

"It's not necessary to have 'fun' with him while you are teaching him how to swim," Jacob said in a slight mocking tone as he air quoted the word 'fun.' 

Mitch smiled at Jacob and then said,

"If that is the case, then why don't you teach him swimming yourself, huh? He's been wanting to learn it for quite a while, so why don't you just take my place while I go and sing songs around the campfire for a while?"

And saying that, Mitch got out of the swimming pool, waddling over with his wet and bare feet to the rest of the boys.

Troye tilted his head, rolling his eyes again before deciding to get out of the swimming pool and follow Mitch, but Jacob gripped his wrist and turned the tiny boy around in a swift motion as he asked,

"Troye, where are you going?"

"To Mitch," Troye said curtly. He was tired of Jacob playing silly games with him.

"I thought you wanted to learn swimming, so why are you going to Mitch?" Jacob asked again.

"I want to learn swimming, but from Mitchy, not you," Troye said as he crossed his arms over his chest.

"Why him? Why not me?" Jacob asked again.

" Comme si vous ne le savez pas déjà (As if you don't know already)," Troye snorted again.

"What? Can't you just speak in English?" Jacob asked.

Troye took a deep breath and said "Mitch will not hurt me like you did," as he looked into Jacob's eyes which softened immediately. Jacob knew that whatever he was doing was playing with Troye's emotions and that he really shouldn't be doing that, but he was also confused.

He was very very confused and also scared. 

"Look, I am sorry for that day. I did not even remember that I had kissed you and when I did, I-I..." He took a brief pause, not able to put his thoughts into words while letting out an exasperated breath.

"I was drunk and did not do it purposely," Jacob said.

"So you not like me?" Troye asked as he looked into Jacob's eyes, his own blue eyes tearing up.

"No," Jacob said with much hesitation.

Troye looked at him again, saying each word with much precise tone to Jacob,