cinquante quatre - jacob

Giving the two people who wanted me to complete the book what they really want xx

For Andreea <3 flowerbix

_

Silence is a deadly thing.

Especially for Jacob. He was just too used to having Troye's generic groans and mumbles in dual languages around him.

But he can't just say that Troye's voice was the only thing he missed.

He missed all the small things - the soft kisses across the chest and the cheeks, the giggles, the hair ruffles, the sleepy forehead touches, the 'tucking your curls behind your ear' , the presence of Troye's smaller hands in his, the warm yet random hugs , the stolen hoodies and just so much more.

But more than anything his heart ached at night. Out of habit his hands would go around to find Troye's arm next to him, but it would just hit an empty bed instead. And at that exact moment Jacob would be reminded of what he had just lost.

They had moved into the new, smaller duplex for about two days now. Jacob had tried to avoid Troye as much as possible since he really did not want this to get any more intense.

There were only four rooms in this duplex and a study which was somehow also converted into another bedroom for Troye, Mitch and Olly.

Things were difficult. But they were working trying to work this out.

The fact that they were settling in made the time fly by faster and Jacob wasn't so sure whether he was grateful for that or not.

On one hand, Troye was going to be gone forever from his life in five days. He probably wouldn't have to see him again.

But on the other hand,

He was never gonna see Troye again. He was never going to hear that adorable French accent for one more time.

"Hey dreamer boy, what do you wanna do about Troye's farewell party tonight?" Olly asked as he barged in through the door of Jacob's bedroom.

Jacob pushed all his thoughts aside, trying to recollect his presence into the situation in front of him.

"A farewell party?" He asked, confused. He wasn't informed of that. His facial expression was contorted as he looked at Jo who was creepily reading a book while crashing on the bean bag next to the bed.

She shrugged while gesturing towards Olly to explain everything to him.

"I told you about it yesterday Jacob? You've lost a boyfriend, not your memory," Olly sighed.

"I was in—"

"Okay fine, we are not going to do this now! Olly, you can go ahead and plan the party and ask Mitch about it. He's the closest to Troye... right now," Jo spoke up before Jacob could even open his mouth and spurn some bullshit out.

Jacob did feel jealous when he heard about Mitch. His mind burnt as he fisted his hands up to stop himself from having another rage outburst.

Jo might've guessed that because as soon as Olly left the room , she asked Jacob,

"Jealous much?"

"Mitch was always after Troye," his voice faded out through gritted teeth.

"Can I say something to you, Jay? Like I have known you for your entire life and I just wanted to say something to you..."

"Go on," Jacob nodded.