The Eleventh Hour

The Doctor managed to pull himself up completely soaking wet, he opened the doors of the TARDIS and threw out a grappling hook. The Stone coughing on the smoke from inside pulled herself up behind him while the Doctor poked his head out grinning at a little girl who stared at him. "Could I have an apple? All I can think about. Apples. I love apples. Maybe I'm having a craving? That's new. Never had cravings before." He rambled, climbing out and sitting on the edge of the box.

"You definitely still have a mouth." The Stone groaned pulling herself up.

The Doctor then turned helping her sit beside him while glaring at her. "Thank you, dear." He gritted out not wanting to get slapped just after regenerating.

"No problem sweetheart." She grinned seeing that he clearly was holding his tongue, she looked down at the inside of the TARDIS as the Doctor did.

"Whoa. Look at that."

"Are you okay?" The young ginger girl dressed in a nightie and a red cardigan asked looking at them. The Stone blinked having not noticed the young girl when she climbed out of the TARDIS. She did wonder what attention a small blue box flying and crashing would bring. Apparently, a young Scottish girl who looked around 7 years old.

"Just had a fall. All the way down there, right to the library. Hell of a climb back up." The Doctor chuckled while the Stone rolled her eyes.

"You're soaking wet." She looked at them.

"We were in the swimming pool." The Stone muttered running a hand through her hair wishing she had a hairbrush around about now. She didn't like how this meeting with this child was going. It made her look mad, then again she did just climb out of a blue box that crashed, with a man who asked about apples when he first opened his mouth. Okay, she definitely was mad.

"He said you were in the library." The young girl looked at the Stone tilting her head slightly in confusion.

"So was the swimming pool." The Stone groaned.

"Are you the police ?" She asked looking at the Time Lords.

"Why?" The Doctor looked at her. "Did you call the police?"

"Did you come about the crack in my wall?" The child asked him.

"What crack?" The Doctor asked then cried out falling to the floor.

"Are you all right, mister?" The redhead asked looking concerned.

"No, I'm fine. It's okay." He nodded as the Stone jumped down gently rubbing his back knowing that it was just his regeneration. "This is all perfectly norm-" he then stopped when a small breath of golden energy left his mouth.

"Who are you?"

"He doesn't know yet." The Stone looked up at the girl helping the Doctor stand.

"I'm still cooking." The Doctor cut in then looked at the girl. "Does it scare you?"

"No, it just looks a bit... weird."

"No, no, no." He shook his head. "The crack in your wall. Does it scare you?"

"Yes." She nodded.

"Well then, no time to lose." The Doctor started to head off. "I'm the Doctor, this is the Stone." He nodded at the blonde who waved at the little girl. "Do everything we tell you, don't ask stupid questions, and don't wander off."

"Rude and-" The Stone said about to finish off her sentence just as the Doctor walked straight into a tree. "-not ginger." She snorted at him as the Doctor jumped back up.