Cold Blood - Two

Sorry for the late chapter, work got me very busy and I was just procrastinating the whole week. Everything should be back on track now!

-----

A short while later Rory appeared at the doorway, the Stone frowned sensing something was definitely wrong. "Here they are." The Doctor grinned as Ambrose followed before she and the Doctor looked in horror seeing Tony Mack carrying a blanket with what looked like a body rolled in it.

"Mum!" Elliot grinned running up to her.

"Rory!" Amy laughed the two of then running to each other.

"Something's wrong." The Doctor frowned the Stone nodding tightly holding the Doctors hand the two of them hoping what they thought happened was false.

"Doctor, what's he carrying?" Amy asked.

"No. Don't do this." He shook his head. "Tell me you didn't do this."

Tony laid the blanket on the floor and stepped away a sad look on his face.

"What did you do?" The Stone coldly questioned.

"It was me." Ambrose said, a guilty look washed over the womans face. "I did it."

"Mum?" Elliot looked at her with disappointment on his face as he slightly stepped back.

"I just wanted you back." She pleaded placing a hand on his shoulder only for Elliot to squirm away from her and stand beside his dad.

The Doctor quickly stood up rushing over to Eldane. "I'm sorry. We didn't know. You have to believe me, they're better than this."

"This is our planet!" Ambrose cut in sharply.

"We had a chance here." The Stone cut her off.

"Leave us alone." She ordered looking at Eldane.

"In future, when you talk about this, you tell people there was a chance but you were so much less than the best of humanity." The Doctor snapped walking closer to her before stepping back taking the Stones hand as Restac and her troops marched in.

"My sister." Restac saw the blanket and moved it to see Alaya dead with a peaceful look on her face. She let out a few wimpers and sobs before narrowing her eyes at the Time Lords. "Oh. And you want us to trust these apes, Doctor, Stone?"

"One woman." The Stone pleaded shaking her head. "She was scared for her family. She is not typical."

"I think she is." Restac snapped.

"One person let us down, but there is a whole race of dazzling, peaceful human beings up there. You were building something here. Come on." The Doctor pleaded looking at them all. "An alliance could work."

"It's too late for that, Doctor." Ambrose spoke up.

The Doctor frowned. "Why?"

"Our drill is set to start burrowing again in...." she checked a stopwatch in her hand. "Fifteen minutes."

"What?" Nasreen looked horrified.

"What choice did I have?" Tony looked at her. "They had Elliot."

"Don't do this." The Doctor snapped. "Don't call their bluff."

"Let us go back. And you promise to never come to the surface ever again. We'll walk away, leave you alone." Ambrose begged.

"Execute her!" Restac shouted.

"No!" The Time Lords shouted grabbing Ambrose before she was shot.

"Everybody, back to the lab." The Doctor ordered locking his and the Stones hands together. "Run!"