The Hungry Earth

"Behold..." The Doctor stood by the TARDIS doors Amy eagerly waiting for him to open them. "Rio!" He threw to doors open... only to see the TARDIS had materialised in a graveyard.

"Why do I even bother." The Stone muttered stepping out and sniffing the air. "Yeah, I don't even know anymore." She shook her head licking her finger and then stuck it in the air frowning slightly, she knew something felt... odd but couldn't put her finger on it. "Strange..."

"Nah," Amy replied ignoring the blondes rambling to herself.

"Not really getting the sunshine carnival vibe," Rory added frowning while the Doctor walked over standing beside the Stone who was on her hands and knees ear pressed against the ground. 

"No? Ooo, feel that, though." He muttered. "What's that?" He then started to make small jumps in the air the Stone picking up a tiny piece of gravel and rolling it between her finger frowning then standing up tossing the gravel behind her. 

"The ground feels strange." The Stone nodded at him. "Just us. Wait." He held up a hand frowning. "That's weird."

"What's weird?" Rory asked seeing the Time Lords dart over to the grass around the church the TARDIS was beside, staring at... blue grass.

"Doctor, stop trying to distract us." Amy crossed her arms. "At least the Stones being quiet about it. We're in the wrong place. Doctor, it's freezing and I've dressed for Rio." She protested looking down at herself, wearing her short shorts and short sleeved t-shirt. "We are not stopping here. Doctor. You listening to me?" She huffed. "It's a graveyard. You promised me a beach."

"He promised me a beach actually." The Stone grinned. "He promised you, Rio." She pointed at the redhead with her sonic before turning to the grass the Doctor was picking at. "But... Blue grass." She flashed her sonic at it. "There are patches of it all around the graveyard."

"So, Earth, 2020-ish, ten years in your future, wrong continent for Rio, I'll admit, but it's not a massive overshoot." The Doctor shrugged.

"At least you got the correct planet sweetheart." She teasingly grinned at him.

"Stone." The Doctor winced dragging out her name, knowing exactly what she was going on about. "Will you ever drop that?"

"What happened?" Rory asked.

"He." She pointed her sonic at the Doctor. "Thought it was a good idea to try and fly the TARDIS blindfolded.

"Why did he do that?" Amy frowned.

"Because the Rani said she saw the Master doing it one time and he wanted to prove he was better than a beard wearing Time Lord." She fondly rolled her eyes. "Honestly you would think that they were both younger than me. I can understand the Master trying to do that but you Doctor?" She tutted swirling her sonic between her fingers seemingly enjoying the pout on his face and the look Amy and Rory were giving him, obviously trying not to laugh. "You should have known better than that to fall into one of his tricks, after he said we were going to Earth for a bit we ended up in my parent's bedroom while they were asleep, startling them both awake." She narrowed her eyes at the Doctor. "They lectured me for five hours! And he got two! All because I'm a 'Time Lady' and I should be responsible, setting an example. I was 463 years old. I was old enough to not be lectured by them because of someone's else's silly idea."

"I'm sorry dear."

"You say that every time." The Stone said her voice and gaze softening.