The Pandorica Opens

"Vavoom!" The Doctor exclaimed poking his head under the glass floor looking at Amy.

"Va-what?" She frowned looking up at him and the Stone.

"I can't believe I've never thought of this before. It's genius." He jumped up running around the console, twirling the Stone for a moment softly smiling as she laughed. "Right." He then pulled a lever. "Landed. Come on." He called.

"Where are we?"

"Planet One." The Stone answered. "The oldest planet in the universe. And there's a cliff of pure diamond, and according to legend, on the cliff there's writing."

"Letters fifty feet high." He grinned. "A message from the dawn of time."

"And the Doctor came up with a brilliant idea." The Stone beamed. "I honestly wonder how he only just thought of it." She shrugged. "Never mind that because no one has ever translated the letters until today."

"What happens today?" Amy frowned.

"Us." The Doctor tapped the tip of Amy's nose then linked his arm with the Time Lady's. "The TARDIS can translate anything. All we have to do is open the doors and read the very first words in recorded history."

Dramatically opening the doors, earning an eye roll from the Stone the Doctor smiled looking up at the cliff only for it to fall at the words. 'Hello sister'

"I hate her." The Doctor grumbled. "Completely hate her. Doesn't even address me at times."

"I wonder why." The Stone sighed.

-------------------------------------------------------------

"Right place?" Amy questioned stepping out of the TARDIS after it materialised just outside a woodland area.

"Just followed the coordinates on the cliff face." The Doctor replied looking at his watch. "Earth. Britain. one oh two am." He frowned tapping it. "No, pm."

"No sweetheart." The Stone shook her head tilting his chin upwards to look in the distance and not at his watch. "AD."

"Ah." He nodding turning his head to look at her softly smiling. "Thanks, dear."

"That's a Roman Legion." Amy frowned.

"Well, yeah." The Doctor nodded. "The Romans invaded Britain several times during this period."

"Oh, I know." Amy grinned. "My favourite topic at school. Invasion of the hot Italians." She said the Stone wrinkled her nose disagreeing with the Scottish girl. "Yeah, I did get marked down for the title."

"Hail, Caesar!" A roman soldier exclaimed running up and saluting the Doctor.

"Hi..."

"Welcome to Britain. We are honoured by your presence."

"Well, you're only human." The Doctor replied. "Arise... Roman... person."

"Why does he think you're Caesar?" Amy whispered.

"I might have an idea." The Stone sighed eyeing the smear of lipstick on the roman's face.

"Cleopatra will see you now."

----------------------------------

"Hello, sister." River grinned at the Time Lady. "Doctor." She nodded at him less happy.

"River. Hi." Amy said a little taken back by her appearance.

"You graffitied the oldest cliff face in the universe." The Doctor stated narrowing his eyes a little at River.