The Vampires of Venice - Three

The Doctor continued to scan the wound Rosanna had gave Amy after he finished fussing over the Time Lady. "You're fine." He nodded after checking the results and seeing the wound clear. "Open wide." He ordered giving the redhead a small sweet. "Argh. I need to think. Come on, brain." He grumbled. "Think, think, think. Think."

"If they're fish people, it explains why they hate the sun," Amy muttered through her sweet.

"Stop talking. Brain thinking." He ordered placing a hand over her mouth. "Hush."

"It's the school thing I don't understand," Rory said frowning.

"Stop talking. Brain thinking. Hush." The Doctor said looking at the Stone who looked at him blankly as he covered the man's mouth with his hand.

"I say we take the fight to them." Guido angrily said.

"Ah, ah, ah." The Doctor said.

"What?"

"Ah." The Doctor nodded at Rory who then covered Guido's mouth. The last thing he wanted to do was distract the Time Lady while she was deep in thought as well as wanting to think himself. She always had a blank look on her face when she was busy thinking, made it easy for him to leave her to do her thing while she was, of course, she was listening but lucky she mastered the art of being able to register what she wanted when she wanted to, meaning a full conversation could be going on and she would easily pay no attention but the instant something interested her she would be right on the conversation like a dog with a bone. "Her planet dies, so they flee through a crack in space and time and end up here. Then she closes off the city and, one by one starts changing the people into creatures like her to start a new gene pool. Got it. But then what?" The Doctor frowned. "They come from the sea. They can't survive forever on land, so what's she going to do? Unless she's going to do something to the environment to make the city habitable."

The Stone pointed at him. "She said, 'I shall bend the heavens to save my race.' Bend the heavens." She mumbled in thought.

"Bend the heavens." Both Time Lords mumbled the Doctor making a motion, forcing Amy and Rory to bend their heads while he thought frowning, they were both so close but couldn't understand until it hit them both of their eyes widened fixing on each other. "She's going to sink Venice!" They exclaimed.

"She's going to sink Venice?" Guido frowned speaking after Rory slowly lowered his hand the man's eyes wide.

"And repopulate it with the girls she's transformed." He added.

"You can't repopulate somewhere with just women... You need blokes."

"And she's got, men." The Stone groaned. "I got her to explain her plan to me, their in the canal."

"She said to us that there are ten thousand husbands waiting in the water." Amy nodded along.

"Only the male offspring survived the journey here." The Doctor said. "She's got ten thousand children swimming around the canals, waiting for Mum to make them some compatible girlfriends," he paused making a disgusted face while slightly shivering. "Urgh. I mean, I've been around a bit, but really that's, that's... eugh."

"I volunteered to because of a fish's girlfriend.. ew." The Stone shivered before looking up with the others hearing a loud thump above them.

"The people upstairs are very noisy." The Doctor remarked making the Time Lady sigh pitching the bridge of her nose.

"There aren't any people upstairs," Guido informed frowning.

"Do you know, I knew you were going to say that. Did anyone else know he was going to say that?"