The Beast Below

With her legs dangling out of the TARDIS as she sat on the edge sipping at her tea the Stone looked up in amusement at the Doctor who held onto one of Amy's ankles letting her float outside the TARDIS in space allowing her hair to gently float around her. The Doctor and the Stone both knew that somewhere deep down she still didn't believe they were in space even when they had clearly shown her the open doors.

"Come on Pond." The Doctor chuckled pulling her back inside the TARDIS then holding out a hand helping the Time Lady to her feet.

"Now do you believe us?" The Stone raised a brow at her before narrowing her eyes at the Doctor who stole her cup and drank some of her tea.

"Okay, your box is a spaceship. It's really, really a spaceship." She looked at them as they looked back at her in amusement, the Stone completely forgetting about her tea at the look of awe on the gingers face. "We are in space!" She shouted out to the stars before looking at the Doctor after breathing deeply. "What are we breathing?"

"The Stone extended the air shell when she went to get tea. We're fine." He reassured her.

"Now that's interesting." The Stone frowned grabbing her cup back and taking a sip before leaning out of the TARDIS holding onto the Doctors arm to stop her falling out. "Twenty-ninth century." She hummed then ran back to the console setting down her tea on the glass floor before looking at the screen. "Solar flares roast the earth, and the entire human race packs its bags and moves out till the weather improves."

"Whole nations." The Doctor added closing the doors and running to join her.

"Doctor?"

"Migrating to the stars." The Stone grinned at him.

"Stone?"

"Isn't that amazing?"

"Hello?!" Amy shouted after they completely ignored her. The Stone blinked running to the doors and helping her inside.

"Sorry, gets a bit exciting sometimes, normally happens after I have had tea or salt..." she paused frowning a little. "or sugar..."

"Well, come on. The Stone found us a spaceship." The Doctor said poking his head from behind the Rotor as Amy ran over to join them after the Stone finished her tea off to then see them looking at the monitor where a live feed of the ship was shown. "This is the United Kingdom of Britain and Northern Ireland. All of it bolted together and floating in the sky."

"Starship UK. It's Britain, but metal." The Stone shrugged. "That's not just a ship, that's an idea. That's a whole country, living and laughing and shopping."

"Searching the stars for a new home."

"Can we go out and see?" Amy asked her eyes brightening.

"Course we can." The Doctor nodded. "But first, there's a thing."

"A thing?" Amy frowned.

"An important thing." He brought out a large magnifying glass looking at Amy through it. "In fact, Thing One. We are observers only. That's the one rule we've always stuck to in all our travels." He gestured to himself and the blonde beside him while she snorted staring at him.

"Sweetheart." She gave him a pointed look taking the magnifying glass off of him and looking at him straight in the eye through it. "I can see straight through you." She reminded. "Literally... please don't tell me you're a liar now."

The Doctor sniffed taking the magnifying glass back off her. "One I'm not a liar. Two you can't literally see through me. Three, of course, you can see through me without it being possible, you are my wife, dear." He softly smiled at her. "It's what you do."