Part 24

The incomprehension of the Path and the excessive expense of energy in the construction of the self-image — and that due to the ignorance — it is what imprison the man in the daily life. The incomprehension of the Path is platitude and the search for a further sense is seen as an idiosyncrasy or an eccentricity. In general, there is no place for the ecstasy and the contemplation. The work either is considered usually as part of some search, but as a daily obligation. Only some paths, like Karma Yoga for instance, see the work as a step to the goal, as well as does our path, that it is also named Meta Yoga or Meta. The daily persons spend their energy trying to build an image and so they contributed to the illusion, that together with the ignorance and the addiction are the three faces of the "agon". Such persons believe that if they get this or that they will be happy and well accomplished, but nothing they get in the daily world brings them such happiness or sense of realization. That is ignorance, the general condition of such context. Over there "everything can be" in principle because it is only an appearance, but nothing "has to be" for principle. That is their illusion, and the opposite of the peregrines' position, as they have to believe in what really is instead of the appearances. Their sense of order and destiny has nothing to do with some determinism proper of the General Law and the lack of daily understanding. Peregrines know where they are walking to and what they are looking for. That way of proceeding is a pertinent expression of the wanderer's excellence ideal.

The Intent is the builder of the Superior Order. It builds with pertinence and creates for the Principle. For Its determination the Unapparent Order is established here and now. It does not matter that the chaos exists in daily life, because the hidden harmony is superior to the apparent one and ultimately everything contributes to the Intent of the Principle. As the Order is permanent above, the chaos is impermanent in the daily life. This exists for a purpose, that is to be the arena where the gladiator combats the ignorance, the illusion and the addiction. As it was already said, over there everything can be, although nothing has to be in fact, what gives opportunity to the ignorance of the ideal, to the illusion of the permanence and the addiction of the postponement. In other words, "everything will be the same tomorrow", "nothing needs to be now", and "later I'll do it". Those deviations are in general what we see as conditioning and impertinence, the persons' inconsequent behavior that sticks to the self-image and depreciates their conscience. To eliminate the conditioning, that we call "agon", it is necessary to go beyond or to stay behind the daily life, but for such there has to be context and an effective way. At first the peregrines have to build with pertinence and know that every appearance is impermanent. Only here and now they can be present. From the daily persons' perspective it is the same as not being, because that is not a common perception. It is beyond or in our case behind the daily life. Doing so or "not doing" the peregrines travel thru the evolutionary path and experience the Great Context on time.

The Superior Order is the conscience of the rays of the circle, but the union is necessary. However, it is not a daily need. And no one can to say it is really a need, because that is the condition of the daily life. That is just a linguistic resource to evidence the priority of the union for the evolutionary path. The Peregrine's Path has as practice the walkers' union in a special circle whose elements and characteristics are fundamental for the accomplishment of their goals. At least so that those goals are accomplished on time and with balance. We are not saying that this is the only possibility nor suggesting this is the only path. Far from it. Certainly a lot of possibilities and several paths exist, but in this path it is demanded. It is this way because it was verified by the observers that in a circle, while a superior unit, one can reach larger levels of conscience in a simpler and faster way than any isolated walker in most knowledge paths. One thing is the light of the conscience as the symbol of the actions expression of an isolated individual, another very different thing is the Superior Order as the symbol of the actions expression of an integrated circle of conscience. As the light of a candle, the former illuminates a small passage of the path. The other is like a precious string where each diamond, besides diffusing its own light around, reflects and intensifies the light of all others. So, the context shines.

The Context is woven with the threads of the Principle and the loom of the Intent. While an integrated net of conscious influences the Context is woven or built by the conscious actions addressed to a larger purpose. The conscious actions are the vehicles driven by the attention, the foundation where they settle down. The attention is something wonderful in itself, but in the absence of a context aimed to its conscious application it lacks effectiveness and further purpose. To be applicable to the ends of the Path the context needs to be considered strategically by the observers. So they can be present and act in a pertinent way in it. We called this procedure "absurting" or simply playing. Clearly it has rules, because there are no games without rules. The rules are what determine that the circle with its superior order has to be built so that the player can win or reach the Game Goal. That goal is the larger purpose, that cannot be other but the conscience returning to the Principle. It can be said that there are two poles in dynamic relationship regarding to the Game: on one side there are the circles that are of our responsibility to build and make them revolve, and on another side there is the Impersonal Intent that it is the instrument provided by the Principle so that there is the conscience evolution. A circle without Intent is rotation without translation, a revolving around itself without relation with the Order. The Intent without the circles is translation without rotation or Order without experiment, a game without players.

Those are the two types of movement the circles perform. Rotation is a movement in the time and around the own axis that we call "turn", and translation is a movement in the space around of a projected center. We call that movement "round". However that is not strictly literal, but symbolic and it finds its meaning in the Context. The archetypal principles of the Context and the foundations of the Superior Order move the "circles" and ordain everything that is. Those creative ideas inspire the internal elements of the circle in its interrelation and the foundations of the Order conform its interaction with the other circles and with the Context. The ideal circle is the expression and the manifestation of the "Protoparagom", the Archetypal Person, and of the Superior Order. Two images characterize it perfectly, one more symbolic one and the other more literal. The hexagram, the six-pointed star formed by extending each of the sides of a regular hexagon into equilateral triangles, one ascendant and other descendent, called "triumvirates" by us, and involved by a circumference. That symbol was known as Salomon's Star or David's Star. The other symbol is the Vitruvian Man, of Marcus Vitruvium. The Archetypal Principles place the rays of the circle qualitatively also, defining their characteristics according to the Order. The foundations propitiate the becoming and the purpose of the circle, allowing the mapping and the schedule of its evolution. This way the Intent of the Principle is accomplished and the Superior Order is reached.