Chapter 24: Visitors from the future

It started awfully quiet at the mountain "Bats I can't take it anymore!" Flash yells speeding over carrying two kids "They're driving me crazy" he explains, this catches Black Canary's attention, not the fact Flash just arrived carrying kids, but the fact they look so damn familiar "What's with the commotion?" Shadow asks and the boy, who appears to be 5 looks at her before running over to her and hugging her leg "Care to explain why you're taking care of kids?" Superman asks, so Flash sighs "Well about a few years ago a cloaked figure came at the door with them, told me to take care of them and keep them save until she or their father came to pick them up" he says and Amber looks at the 3 year old girl and she nearly faints, an exact copy of how she was at that age, well besides that her eyes aren't blue, upon further inspection she notices the boy has the same color eyes as her,  "Nightwing!" she calls and he walks over, when he does she picks up the boy and holds him in front of Nightwing "Look familiar?" she asks and Nightwing blinks surprised. A bright light interrupt them though and suddenly future Nightwing and future Batman are standing there "Not where I hoped to end up" the older Batman says and Shadow walks over to the future Nightwing "Lost something?" she asks mentioning to the boy she carried along and then to the girl Flash is holding "Told you she was sneaky" future Batman says earning a confused look from Flash "These two kids, Sapphire and Jake, are his kids" future Batman says so everyone in the room goes quiet "Seem she took them here" older Nightwing says and he looks at his younger self and then at Shadow "But we came here for something important, the Joker of our time is bringing materials here to make a time machine" he adds taking the young boy and Nightwing leaves the room with Shadow again "What happened to them?" F. Batman asks, so Flash says "Training exercise gone horribly wrong, everyone who went in is depressed as hell", the heroes from the future peek into the living area to see Robin, Cassie, Shadow, Nightwing, Connor and M'gann not talking at all, plus there's an eerie and depressed air in the room "Well these two might cheer them up" Batman says looking at the two kids "Shadow!" Flash calls speeding into the room after taking Jake as well "While we're going after both Jokers, you guys get to watch these two, you're in no condition to go anyway" he says handing Jake to Nightwing and Sapphire to Cassie "Have fun" he says and he speeds out of the room again making the 6 heroes slightly confused at why they have to take care of them "Wow, this looks like a mini Nightwing, just the wrong eye color" Robin comments taking the boy from his 'brother', who is still trying to comfort a very quiet and still slightly shocked Shadow "Cassie and I will handle them" Robin says and M'gann nods "Good idea". The other four are quiet again until someone turns on some music "Wow... What happened to you guys?" Wally asks and Shadow just sinks down further "Black Canary is ready for some therapy sessions" Batman says and he adds "Shadow first".

So in the room Black Canary sighs "J'onn told me everything that happened, so go on" she says, Shadow takes of her sunglasses and sighs as she rubs her eyes "It's just... Hard to look at Batman at the moment, I didn't even want to come here today. The thought you guys could actually do that scares me, I told Nightwing, but he just ruffled my hair and smiled" she says "Even though I know that if it had been real that I would never see him again and he knows that too". Black Canary looks at the girl and says "If it helps Amber, we would never try to kill you guys, just turn your life into a living hell" "I guess so" Amber says and she manages to smile slightly as Black Canary says "And hey, you beat Batman during training".

To the Joker hunt, the future heroes land quietly and Flash uses his speed to get the materials messed up "I thought someone would show up sooner or later" f. Joker says, however he didn't expect to see future Batman and Nightwing as well "You're coming back with is" Nightwing says and he adds "But I am curious what your plan is" "Well my ultimate plan is to kill Shadow Angel earlier then planned of course" f. Joker says and he adds "I can change the future!", he can't say much more when he's kicked away and Superman punches him KO "We'll be taking him back, after getting the two little troublemakers" f. Nightwing says and he asks "Where are they?" "Robin and Cassie just put them to sleep" Shadow says and she adds "Black Canary told me to vent, so I tracked you down", she takes a tracker from Nightwing's uniform and she adds "And I finally finished this" she says "It'd a portable time machine, it'll break after use since I had limited stuff to make it. Robin and Cassie arrive and Robin says "It's weird to see a mini Nightwing and Shadow", they hand the two kids over and Nightwing nods "Trust me, Flash had been just as surprised as you are, if not more" he says before leaving with future Batman and Joker and of course the two kids "Seems our Joker disappeared" Shadow says crossing her arms "Just go back to the mountain, you can always go home later" Superman says and he adds "And I mean your real home".

At Wayne manor later that day Alfred is surprised to see Amber walking over "Don't mind me asking, but if you're here, then where's master Richard "Well getting something from the car, we got Bruce a present" Amber says and a dog runs over to her, a German Shepard, and runs around her "Meet Ace, our dog" she says and Dick walks over "Hope we came in time for dinner" he says putting an arm around Amber "You are, master Jason just returned home as well, so master Bruce will be glad to see everyone back home" Alfred says and the two head inside, followed by their dog "Master Bruce, please take two extra plates from the kitchen" Alfred says earning a confused look until Ace shows up and lays down near the food bowls "And this is for you" Amber says putting a puppy on Bruce his head "Our dogs had puppies, we already gave one to Artemis and Wally as well and Black Canary took the third one with her" she explains, Jason looks at the two who just arrived and he says "About time you two came home, I want a puppy too by the way" "We only had 4, we're keeping the other one" Dick says and Alfred ushers them to sit down "Dinner is ready, where's master Tim?" "Here!" the boy says running in "Bruce told me to take a shower after training, took longer then expected". Bruce smiles and says "Welcome home you two".