Chapter 30: Forest of doom part 1

"Your mission is to go on a stake out to investigate strange rumors" Batman says and Nighting asks "What kind of rumors?" "People disappearing, mutated creatures and what not" Shadow says and she adds "But why would you send the entire team?" "Because the chances you'll survive is bigger in a large group" Batman says and he adds "We'll bring you there in a jet".

At the forest they're dropped of in a clearing and Batman says "Do not hesitate to call for help if you have to" "Will do" Nightwing says and Robin sweatdrops "How are we suppose to find out if the rumors are true?" "Make camp, but cameras everywhere and don't try to end up alone" Batgirl says and she looks at Nightwing who opened a map "We're in the middle of the forest, we'll make camp here and explore tomorrow" he says and everyone nods "And do not let that fire go out at any cost" Shadow says earning a nod from Cassie who's busy making a fire "Right then, we have enough food to last a week, since Wally's not here" Shadow says earning a chuckle from Nightwing "That and we can hunt for animals, if there are any normal animals here" he says putting an arn around her. It soon becomes evening and Beast Boy promised to take the first watch "Let's tell ghost stories" Lagoon Boy says causing everyone to sweatdrop "No thanks" Robin says "I'm tired" he adds heading to his sleeping bag "Beast Boy, wake someone up if you're getting tired" Nightwing calls earning a nod. In the middle of the night Beast Boy wakes up Shadow to take the second watch and she makes herself comfortable in the giant tree that's near their camp, tossing a batarang up and thrn catching it again until she hears someone running towards them and she jumps down to stop the stranger "Who are you?" she asks taking out her daggers and the girl looks behind her "Can't explain now" she says and pulls Shadow along to the clearing "Answer the question!" Shadow hisses as she pulls her wrist free "Fine, I'm Aquagirl, Aquaman's new partner after Kaldur left" the girl says and Shadow turns around and stabs whatever was about to kill her "Great reflexes" the girl mumbles and Shadow drags the creature along to the camp "So any other name besides Aquagirl?" Shadow asks as they arrive and she sees the girl has short dark blue hair and ocean blue eyes "Should you really be asking that?" the new Atlantean girl says, but Shadow rolls her eyes saying "Yes, someone has to introduce you in the morning".

In the morning everyone slowly wakes up "Morning, got us breakfast last night" Shadow says "And this is Tala, or Aquagirl" she adds "Another Atlantean" Nightwing says before walking over to the creature to inspect it "Well this has to go to Bats" "Right" Robin says and he adds "Why don't we send a sample and dump this thing somewhere else?" "That works too, but first, Wonder Girl, Beast Boy, Blue Beetle and M'gann scan the forest from above and come back with your report" Nightwing says and he takes a small cut from the creature "And dump this thing somewhere" he adds, Tala rolls her eyes, but before she can say something Shadow says "Nightwing is our leader", the bat family has to gather some more firewood and everyone not tasked with something was to make a fence to offer them somewhat protection during the night "The creatures hate light, which is why I was heading to you camp when that girl stopped me" Tala says and Connor says "That girl is Shadow Angel, one of Batman's proteges and someone who can take care of herself" "I noticed, one stab and that thing was dead" Tala says and Nightwing walks over "Looking good on this side, keep going" "Out of curiosity Nightwing, do you have a girlfriend?" Tala asks earning a nod "Shadow" he says and adds "Connor and M'gann are a couple and Barbara seems to have taken a liking to Red Hood, then Robin and Wonder Girl both like the other, but neither knows it from the other yet". Connor nods and he looks around when a scream is heard, which they recognize as Batgirl's, so they head over. They arrive and see Robin, Red Hood and Shadow on the ground with nasty injuries and signs of someone being dragged away "Stupid monster" Shadow says trying to get up, but she falls back down "Tala take Robin, Connor take Red Hood, we need to bring them back to the camp now" Nightwing says and he adds "M'gann and Wonder Girl will have to gather wood later today", back at the camp Nightwing quickly calls Batman "We need better medical supplied and someone to take care of the wounded" he says flinching as Shadow hisses in pain when her wounds are cleaned "Three injured, one missing" he adds and Batman nods "I'll send Black Canary and Wonder Woman" he says ending the call "There" Tala says teaching for the bandage only to find that Nightwing took them "Seriously?" Tala asks and she moves on to clean Robin's wounds "Nightwing we discovered a large facility deeper into the forest, we think the mutated creatures come from there" M'gann says and the male nods "Go check it out with Beast Boy, maybe Batgirl was taken there as well" he says helping Amber sit up again "Wonder Girl, go and pull a tree from it's place and get it in pieces" Nightwing says earning a nod. Once the two leaguers arrive Cassie is halfway done chopping the tree into firewood "We cleaned the wounds and bandaged them, but they're getting worse" Nightwing says looking at Robin, Red Hood and Shadow "Great start for a stakeout" he mumbles, Black Canary sees the cloth they cleaned the wounds with and she walks over "Poison" she says and adds "Having said that, we need the right antidote" "Can't you show it to Batman?" Connor asks and he sweatdrops "Shadow is being stubborn and helping" he adds "Let her, she can't sit still" Nightwing says and he looks from his girlfriend to his brothers "Better said, have them all work, I had to make this poison once, it slows down when you move, but I can't make the antidote" he says and he sends Batman a text "If they fall asleep it could be the end of them" he says. So once Batman stated he'd have Superman bring the antidote in about a day Nightwing is looking at the three who are ready to fall asleep "I need you three to go hunting for normal animals" he says and explains "You could die in your sleep due to the poison" "But it hurts to move around" Robin says, but the older two simply shrug "Come on Robin, unless you'd rather die of course" Shadow says before heading of and the two follow her, of course Robin is complaining a lot.