Chapter 31: Forest of doom part 2

By the time it was morning the three bats has gotten quite some spare food, but they all were too tired to even think straight "Nightwing please let us get an hour sleep" Robin says, M'gann had returned with Batgirl and very interesting pictures "No" Nightwing says earning a groan "It's not like we'll die from an hour sleep" Red Hood says and he quickly adds "Well not me and Shadow, Robin took two 15 minute naps" "Please" Shadow says and Black Canary sighs "We can wake them in an hour, Robin however is only getting half an hour of sleep" she says "Or we wait for Superman since the antidote only works when they're sleeping" Wonder Woman says and Shadow sits down on her sleeping bag "He better hurry then" she says hiding a yawn "Superman is on his way" Batman says as Nightwing calls him "They stayed up all night Batman, they're about to pass out from exhaustion, the poison is also tiring them out" he says looking at the three who are almost asleep "Would an hour hurt?" he asks and Batman nods "The moment they fall asleep is the moment the poison will work four times faster, if they fall asleep they don't have an hour, more like 30 minutes" Batman says and he sighs "Wait for Superman, give them things to do" he adds, but Shadow calls to him "Too tired to stand up! Also Robin fell asleep!" "Wake Robin up" Batman says and he ends the call. Cassie grabs one of the buckets they have and fills it with water before trowing it over Robin "I'm up!" he says and Shadow rolls her eyes as Connor helps her stand "Fine what can we do?" Red Hood asks and Nightwing says "Make breakfast" "Oh one more thing, remember the monster that attacked us?" Shadow asks earning a nod "Well we saw it again last night but it wasn't interested" Red Hood says and Robin says "It was weird and creepy at the same time".

By the time Superman finally arrives Nightwing is almost tempted to let the three take a 15 minute nap "About time" Black Canary says taking three vials from the tray and running over to the three "Bats made enough for everyone if it's needed, it will also make you immune to the poison, sadly enough you actually needs to be poisoned for it to work that way too" Superman says handing the tray to Nightwing "I'll be off again" he says and leaves. Robin, Red Hood and Shadow manage to sleep for two hours until arguing wakes them up "Shut up" Shadow says and Nightwing sighs "Cassie is arguing with Superboy" he says and Shadow says "Please take that outside our camp" "Can't" M'gann says with a sigh "They're attracting enough unwanted detention as it is" Black Canary says and Cassie glares at the clone before flying over to check on Robin. "I need to ask future you about them" Shadow says and she chuckles "Feeling any better?" "Yep, still tired though" Shadow says and she rests against him "Who had guard duty tonight?" "Blue Beetle and Wonder Girl will rotate tonight" Nightwing says and Wonder Woman says "I can switch with Black Canary, you all need your rest" "Works too" Robin mumbles being hugged by Cassie who's happy to know he'll be alright "I think I don't even need to ask" Shadow mumbles as she slowly dozes of again. "Sleep" Nightwing whispers as he goes through the pictures that M'gann had made "An underground lab" Batgirl says and she adds "And I thought those three were dead" "We're not thanks for your trust" Red Hood says and Tala sighs as Batgirl continues "Before M'gann and Beast Boy broke me out I got a good look around the place, the monsters aren't monsters by nature, they kidnap humans and remove everything that makes them human in the first place. They also use different animals, but those are in a different room" "Okay, now what are you hiding under your cape?" Nightwing asks and Batgirl takes out a monkey that is black in color and has yellow eyes "He escaped as well" she says and she sighs "Couldn't send him back, but I thought, hey Shadow has her own island, she could use a few animals" she explains and Nightwing rolls his eyes "Fine, but Shadow has to decide if she keeps it on her island" he says. That evening Nightwing is making dinner with Beast Boy and Connor "Any reason why you let her keep it?" the green hero asks and Nightwing says "Because this could be an important clue and Batgirl was right, Shadow has her own tropical island, but no animals on it". They're interrupted when Tala walks over "So any way I could possibly be let in on your plan?" she asks, but Connor says "We need more information before we decide on a plan, Batman is analyzing the pictures, so we wait for him".

The four turn to Batgirl when she says "And she decided to keep it", Nightwing turns to Shadow to see her hugging the monkey "I hate monkeys" Superboy says and he sighs, that night no one is really able to sleep thanks to the growling and the other strange sounds "Never thought I'd spend my possibly last few days in a forest with mutated monsters" Shadow says holding the monkey above her head "What do you mean by that?" Wonder Woman asks and Robin says "The Joker from the future threatened her" "And that scares her because?" the older hero asks, so Shadow looks at her "In the future Nightwing and I visited on rare occasions I did die, killed by the Joker who now is here to kill me again" she says putting the monkey next to her "You can investigate tomorrow morning" Black Canary says "The creatures are withdrawing, get some sleep while you can" she adds and Shadow sighs knowing they're right.

Young Justice: Last Hopeजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें