Chapter 25: Returning team member

"Bye Bats, Nightwing and I need to buy furniture for our house" Amber yells down before leaving with her boyfriend. Batman sighs "Where did they buy a house?" "In case you don't know dad, they have a house in Metropolis, on Amber her island on which they build a mansion, they live here when they're in Gotham and they just got the best penthouse in Bludhaven, which is their newest place" Robin says turning around in the chair "And when they're in Central city they stay with Flash and they stay with Green Arrow and Black Canary in Star city" he adds earning a sweatdrop "But they mostly stay in Bludhaven since their jobs are there". Batman nods and asks "I know Nightwing is a cop, but what does Shadow do?" "She's a writer at the moment, but has been scouted by a modeling agency" Red Hood says.

At the mountain they see M'gann talking with Shadow "Come on, you know I can't come right now, please just watch them until we get there" Shadow says and Batman sighs "There's dog food in the cabinet to your left" he says as Shadow ends the call "She just dumped them here" the Martian says frustrated. It takes three hours until Nightwing and Shadow arrive and everyone is looking at Red Hood curiously, well everyone besides Robin "Is he a new member of the Bat family?" Cassie asks, but Shadow says "Returning member" "But no one left the family, besides the previous Robin" Connor says, so Nightwing says "He is the previous Robin", everyone besides the batfamily is shocked and Shadow says "Don't worry, we don't have any other members you don't know about" "Nope" Batgirl says.

M'gann flies over and asks "How could you just leave them here without telling me anything?" "Well we were busy, can't have dogs running around when you are getting your new house ready" Shadow says and she sighs "I send you and Connor the adress yesterday" she adds and Connor nods "They did" "Anyway thanks for watching them, we'll be going back now since we're almost finished, we could use someone to do some heavy lifting though" Nightwing says, so Connor and M'gann look at each other before deciding they don't want to spend the rest of the day there "And you lot, get to know your newest member" Shadow says before disappearing though the Zeta tube.

At their new penthouse the dog instantly go to their corner "Wow" M'gann says and she asks "What do you guys need help with "The couch has to go to it's place and then we need to get the bedrooms in order" Amber says and she adds "I'll make some tea in the meantime".

After getting everything as they are suppose to be Connor stretches and the doorbell rings, so Dick goes to check, only to see Bruce and Barbara "Come in" he says in the intercom and the two head up "Nice place" Bruce comments and Barbara holds out a book to Amber who takes it with a sigh and signs it "How come you always have the second copy?" she asks, but she just earns a smirk "She tells them she knows the author and then they give her the copy for free" Bruce says and M'gann walks over to the bookshelf "Did you write these?" she asks pointing to a plank with only 5 books on them "Yep" Amber says and she adds "They're surpringly popular" "Why wouldn't they be?" Connor asks taking one and flipping through the pages "Cause I'm still not that good" Amber says and Barbara says "Then explain why you had a long row of people wanting their book signed, I didn't go of course" "Obviously, you come to me in my free time" Amber says plopping down on the couch. "Don't look so down on yourself Amber" M'gann says taking one of the books "Tim and Jason will come by later" Bruce says earning a nod "The mystery of the kidnapped League" Connor reads out loud and Amber smiles "I based that on when the League was brainwashed" she says and adds "The first one on when the cave got attacked by the reds and we all nearly died on my second day", M'gann takes it and asks "Who makes the covers?" "I do" Barbara says and she adds "But that's the only thing I do" "Dracula's return" Bruce says and he adds "Sounds interesting to read" "It's a detective novel, planning to make more parts for that" Amber says and she adds "It's about two private detectives who have to travel through time to solve mysteries and save the world" "And the characters are based on?" Connor asks and Barbara points to both Dick and Amber "She made a side character who has to resemble Bruce as their boss". Their conversation is interrupted with Jason running in, looking annoyed and frustrated "I can't take it anymore!" he complains and adds "They keep asking the same questions and I can't answer them" "Right" Amber says patting his head "Maybe someone else can?" she asks, but Jason says "Tim ran out of the room as soon as they started" "Welcome to the team" Barbara says with a laugh "We do hope you stick around this time" she adds. Later that evening Artemis and Wally visit too as Amber is cooking in the kitchen with M'gann "Are you alright, you look pale" the Martian asks earning a nod "Yeah, I just carried some boxed up that may have been too heavy for me today" Amber says, so M'gann pushes her out "But what about dinner?" Amber asks and she sighs as Artemis says "I'll make sure she doesn't mess up" "She has guts to push you out, but you did way too much today" Dick says earning a groan "Just hungry and tired, we haven't eaten since this morning" Amber says sitting between Tim and Jason "True" Tim says and he adds "You left in quite a hurry too this morning" "Not helping" Amber mumbles earning a chuckle from Jason "TV isn't plugged in yet" she says looking a Wally, who finishes doing that in a flash "Okay then, I'll just ask you next time" Dick says and Jason yawns "But, overall big sis, I'm glad to be back in the team" he says and Amber says "That's good".