Chapter 27: Operation annoy B

"They haven't shown up at all" Superman says, so Batman says "They will show up, patience"

However no one has any intention of showing up at all "M'gann, Wonder Girl and Beast Boy, go to Metropolis. Lagoon Boy, Blue Beetle and Robin go to Star City. Batgirl, Red Hood and Shadow Angel, you're of to Gotham. Bumblebee meet up with Artemis and Kid Flash at Central city" Nightwing says and Bumblebee asks "Why aren't we operation from the mountain?" "Because Batman doesn't know where we are and probably thinks we'll show up, also we're here so we can get everything faster and solve things before they can" Shadow says and everyone heads of.

At the Watchtower Batman sighs "Superman, trouble in Metropolis, go check it out" he says so the man of steel leaves, not expecting to see ehat he found. "Alright then, finish it before a Leaguer comes to take care of it" Nightwing says to everyone and they get to work. By the time Superman arrives Wonder Girl just knocks out the villain of the day and the three hand Luthor over to the police "Thank you, the damage would have been a lot worse if you hadn't shown up so fast" the head of the police says, so M'gann says "We're just doing our job sir" and they leave "Are you trying to become more popular then the League?" Superman asks and Beast Boy smirks "No, we're just doing Operation Annoy B" he says before the three head off.

At Gotham Poison Ivy is at it, again, but it's easy to stop her for the three bats "What are you three doing here?" Wonder Woman asks and Red Hood says "Operation annoy B", the three jump down leaving a confused Wonder Woman to ponder about what that means, she watches the three hand Ivy to Gordon before heading of once again.

Captain Cold is robbing a bank at Central city and Artemis sweatdrops "If it works it works" she says, though she wondered how Nightwing and Shadow got the information before the League, she could ask later. While Bumblebee distracts the ice villain Artemis disarms him with an arrow and Kid Flash knocks him out cold "What's up with you two, thought you were retired" Flash says and Artemis smiles "Just helping our friends with Operation annoy B" she says, leaving Flash even more confused then Wonder Woman and they leave.

Robin, Lagoon Boy and Blue Beetle have less luck and Green Arrow already arrived, so Robin throws an a batarang and the arrow gets knocked of course while Blue Beetle starts shooting at their enemy and the three quickly manages to knock him out with Lagoon Boy punching him after Robin threw smoke peddles and Blue Beetle making him stuck on the ground "Why aren't you three at the mountain?" Green Arrow asks so Robin says "Operation annoy B".

Back at the mansion on the island Shadow is rolling of the ground from laughing "I wish I saw his face" she says getting up "Sorry, but the fact this is working already is hilarious" she says leaning on Nightwing "Well before they decide to come here we should all be doing something not in costume" he says and Shadow says "There's a huge beach, Connor, can you carry the BBQ, Nightwing and I will bring the food", at the beach everyone is enjoying themselves and Artemis says "This is exactly what we need after a day of stopping crime" "A morning of stopping crime, but I think the villains will lay low for a few days" Wally says earning a nod from Garfield.

Back at the watchtower Batman is watching the footage of each time the team had fought "They all said the exact same thing" Superman says and he adds "But how would they know everything sooner then us?" "Because as a kid Shadow took several trips to the future, she took everything with her when she moved out to live with Nightwing, so my guess is that she build a compuer better then any we got at the moment" Batman says and he asks "And what did they all say?" "Operation annoy B" Wonder Woman says "Met three of the bats in Gotham" she adds "My guess is that this is payback for what you did" "They wouldn't do something that stupid" Batman says and he adds "Besides they know it was a test". The four look at each other and sigh, if Batman was really that convinced it was nothing like that they couldn't change his mind about it, but Black Canary decides to check on the team anyway.

She arrives on the island and doesn't see anyone yet "Come on Shadow or we're starting without you" Connor says followed by a "Coming!", Black Canary heads to the beach and sighs "How long are you planning to stay away from Batman and the mountain "A month" Robin says and he adds "If Superman had hit Nightwing even slightly harder he'd be stuck in the hospital for weeks" "Yeah, but there are ways to do that without getting in our way" Black Canary says crossing her arms "I know, but we want to be a bit more independent from you guys" Nightwing says as M'gann helps him back "And you shouldn't be playing volleyball" M'gann says with a sigh "Are you trying to give people a heart attack?" she asks and mentions to Shadow earning a groan "She gave me enough of those already" Nightwing says sitting next to Robin "When the Reds attacked and even more things" "She told me that" Robin says, Black Canary is obviously not amused and she asks "So you're seriously going to do this for a month?" "Yep" Nightwing says and he adds "We can operate from here" "Right, just don't annoy us too much" Black Canary says and she leaves again.

Nightwing chuckles and says "She has no idea does she?" "Nope, which is why we might as well try to become more famous while doing this" Robin says.

Two weeks later Batman is becoming annoyed, he couldn't locate them and Black Canary refused to say anything about where they were, the only thing that he knew was that the ones who had to go to school were still going "Ugh it's Raining" Tim says holding an umbrella over him and Amber, the only people there were the bat family so hero names were dropped "Barbara will have hot chocolate when we get back" Amber says and she finally activates her force field machine and a dome appears over the island and a part of the sea "There" she says standing up as the rain stops "It's just to stop the bad weather" she says as they walk back, once they're at the mansion Barbara hands them hot chocolate "Glad to see that finally worked after several failed tries" Jason says eating some cookies while watching TV "Where's Dick anyway?" Tim asks and Amber says "Work, he'll be back in a few hours", of course Jason, Tim and Barbara start to panic when Artemis walks in "Chill, I already know" she says and everyone relaxes "It's raining everywhere, well besides here" she says as Barbara hands her a towel "There's a danger of floods in several places too" Artemis says drying her hair "Exactly why everyone has to come here later on, we for one can't handle floods" Amber says as she starts typing again "How's the cover coming along Barbara?" she asks earning a sweatdrop "I don't know what to make" the red haired girl says "Atlantis with two divers swimming towards it" Tim says and he adds "Even I figured that out", Jason nods as Artemis sits down "A ruined city of Atlantis" Dick corrects Tim as he walks in "They told me to get home before it started to flood" he adds and Amber hugs him after putting her laptop away "Take a shower or you'll catch a cold" she says and at that moments Wally speeds in carrying a bag "Here Arty, dry clothes for a few days" he says putting the bag down "With the heavy rain the entire team is going to stay here until it clears up" Amber says and she adds "Don't worry, I fixed the old cabins" Jason says and he adds "Another reason Amber was so set on finishing that machine today" "The only ones staying here will be us bats, Artemis and Wally" Barbara says "I was tempted to invite Black Canary too, but decided not to, knowing the League they'll stay in the Watchtower" Tim says.

The heavy rain goes on for several days until it starts to become less again "Superman, any news on the Young Justice team?" a reporter asks, but Superman says "They're capable of fighting crime, not help with this" before flying off "And there goes our reputation" M'gann says, but Artemis shushes her "As strong as the young heroes may seem, it appears that a disaster this big isn't something they can do yet, let's hope they can in the future" the reporter says and Wally asks "What do newspapers say?" "Wally, we're on a remote island, you don't get mail here" Amber points out snuggling closer to her boyfriend "We'll operate from the mountain again after the rain is cleared up and you can travel normally again" Dick says and M'gann passes that message on to the rest of the team "Operation annoy B was a success, let's hope we don't have to do this again" Amber says, but she did enjoy the freedom they had.