Chapter 33: Count Dracula and retired?

The 5 arrive at the creepy looking castle and Shadow knocks loudly on the door, which opens "Here to kill me again?" Dracula asks and Nightwing rolls his eyes "Same as usual when you got Bats attention, again" he says, but Dracula doesn't seem to really care "There's tea and dinner" the vampire says letting the 5 in and Shadow stretches "Really hoped we wouldn't have to do this" she says and Robin looks utterly confused "We've been here several times already, we 'kill' him after spending the night here and then we go after leaving a note for him, then we check how he's doing each several months" Shadow explains "Though we're not actually killing him, but we put a strong sleeping tonic in his morning drink and done, he'll be out for at least a year" Nightwing says, Robin tilts his own head and asks "Why?" "First time we were tasked with killing him Batman went along, but we somehow seperated and Shadow fell out a tree she had climbed try to check the surroundings and hit her head, I later passed out from exhaustion" Nightwing says and Dracula continues "I found them and brought them here, saved their lives by doing so, then I taught them how to make the sleeping tonic after they told me they had to kill me". Red Hood chuckles and says "Don't worry Robin, I was just as confused as you". They however agree to stay the night since they're all tired as hell and sleeping on the ground a few days isn't good either "That was tasty, as usual" Batgirl says and she sighs "Too bad we'll have to wait another few years after tomorrow" "Actually we can just hit him on the head and he'll be back in a week" Robin says, but Shadow says "Bats likes to double check this, so no".

The next morning Amber wakes up from a nightmare and she sits up, remembering where they are and she sighs "Nightmare?" Dick asks earning a nod and he hugs her "What was it about?" "Batman, being in my place captured by the future Joker" Amber says shaking slightly "Felt so real" she mumbles. The two get up and see the other three already eating a small breakfast "Morning" Barbara says and Amber looks at Tim "Don't bother, he knows our secret IDs" she says sitting down. Once they 'kill' Dracula they head of "M'gann we parked the bioship there" Amber says pointing lazily to a hidden area as she and Dick arrive at their penthouse "Good, you were suppose to be back before midnight though" Connor says and Amber says "You can't pretent to be travellers in need of a sleeping place and then instantly kill him".

The next morning there was no Shadow or Nightwing at the mountain "Why me of all people?" M'gann says and she sighs looking at the team, not really sure what to do "Well you and Connor are the only ones left from the people who formed the team" Robin says. A screen appears showing Nightwing "Yo M'gann having trouble I see" he says and chuckles "Where are you two?" Robin asks and Nightwing smiles "Some well earned vacation" he says and adds "But I didn't call to brag about that, M'gann if you really want to you can make someone else leader" "Actually that's a bad idea" Shadow says plopping next to him "Just pick teams that you think will work well" she adds, M'gann sweatdrops and says "I'll try" and the call is ended. "Are they seriously on vacation?" Red Hood asks and Batgirl says "Yep, at one of Wayne enterprises hotels, same as where we had that school trip".

At the hotel Amber sighs "I'm almost starting to wonder if it was a good idea to put M'gann as leader" she says laying on her back "Yo Wally, Artemis" she says and the other two turn to her "Dude, already retired?" Wally asks and Dick says "Course not, well everyone besides the other bat family members think we retired" "Besides, even we deserve a vacation sometimes" Amber says as Artemis sits down next to her "True" Wally says and he chuckles "Dude, you really should come sightseeing with us" "Better then other guys staring at Amber the entire time, let us get changed" Dick says as he gets up. They change and meet up with the fellow ex-heroes "No offense, but if I wasn't dating Artemis I'd be so jealous of you" Wally says as the four head off "Keep dreaming Wally" Amber says lightly hitting him on the head "So, if you didn't retire as superheroes, then why aren't you fighting crime?" Artemis asks and Amber says "We'll explain later, I heard you still keep contact with that hero fan" "We just like to know what's going on with you guys" Artemis says and she smiles "And he's dating Zatanna, doesn't know she's with the Justice League of course" she adds.

The day went by smoothly and in the evening the four decide to BBQ when Bruce calls "You two are coming on a camping trip in 4 days" he says and Amber says "Sure". The four decide to play volleyball for old times sake and Amber says "Boys against the girl" "You're going to lose" Wally says, in the end the boys lost and Amber hugs her boyfriend's arm as they're walking on the beach, Wally and Artemis had been up early that day so they went to bed already "Almost makes me wonder what's so bad about actually retiring" she says looking at the sea "Yeah well, Bludhaven still needs up" Dick says "Besides, don't you want to join the Justice League?" he asks earning a shrug "Later maybe" Amber says with a sigh "Once I'm ready for it" she adds, for now they would enjoy the vacation and the freedom they got, obviously they would check in with the cave too to see how M'gann is doing.