Prologue

Bang. Crash. And then everything went dark. I was the only survivor of the accident. I woke up in the hospital a month after. I saw the lights come on and the door open. The lady was speaking, but I couldn't hear her. I started freaking out, so she handed me the paper and pen she had in her hand. I wrote," I can't hear anything around me."

I found out that I had lost my hearing and parents. I let the tears well up in my eyes. All I wanted was my parents, but even they couldn't be here for me. What was a six-year-old to do? I have no parents, no family or friends; I was lost, alone.

After I finished my recovery, a social worker took me to an orphanage. There, I had my own room, went to a new school; had no friends, and a teacher who came to teach me sign language.

At the age of eight, I was asked if I would like to hear again. The nurse told me everything I would have to do and explained why. The C.I. would permanently give me my hearing back, and so I agreed to the procedure.

After the procedure, I learned how to speak again; still, I continued to use sign language with my friends. I refused to leave my school until the end of the year. Though I have regained my hearing, I will always have that part of me inside.

My Note

Just a bit of background for you so you understand some of the things that I write about.

Xoxo,

~babygay