Meeting Amy Lee; Her announcement

"Hey! You must be Dolphin. Callie told me you're a huge fan of ours."

I finally shook out of my trance and responded,"yes, very much so. You're actually why I----nevermind." I didn't wanna reveal that with too many people around. I guess my cuts were showing a little, because Amy nodded as if she understood.

"I'm glad my music could be of service to you."

"Amy, we're on in ten," Jen informed her.

"Okay, I'll get set up and then we'll get our voices warmed up together. Oh, I almost forgot; would you like to be our guest singer tonight?"

My mouth dropped and my eyes were the size of my stomach. I was nervous as hell, but how could I say no?

"Great! I'll be back in five, you can warm up while I get my stuff set up."

"Awesomesauce!"

As Amy got her mics and piano set up, as well as the mic she had set up for me, I warmed up my voice. I was pretty good, but nothing impressive. At least that's what I have always believed. I was nervous as hell, which is why I jumped when Amy came up behind me.

"Woah, sorry. Didn't man to scare you. Mind if I hop in real quick?"

"Not at all."

Together, we sang one of my favorites; 'Better off Dead' by sleeping with sirens. We finished the last note just in time for Jen to come tell us it was time.

"Ready kiddo?"

"Ready as I'll ever be."

"Great, stay here 'til I announce you."

She had me stand slightly offstage to where they couldn't see me, but I could see them. The crowd that showed up did not make my anxiety any better.

"Hey my cute recruits, are ya ready?"

Everyone screamed at the top of their lungs, along with loud whistles.

"Okay recruits, I have a special fan with  us tonight. I'd like you all to welcome Dolphin."

I took two deep breathes. "Here goes nothing." As I walked on stage, a gave a few high fives to fans.
Amy started with one of my favorites; 'Bring me to life.' I sang along at the chorus, and sang the second verse. I had a powerful voice today, and I didn't know why. All I knew was that people loved it. I felt amazing, just being up there with her.

*Time lapse to after the concert*

As Amy finishes the last note of 'My Tourniquet', she turns to me and ask," what would you say if I wanted to adopt you?"

My jaw dropped open so I couldn't speak. All I could do was nod my head yes.

She turned to the crowd and yelled,"She said YES!!"

My Note

Xoxo,

~babygay