First Day

I woke up to my alarm. Ugh, school. I turned it off and went downstairs to start a pot of coffee. I walked into the kitchen to find a hungry Matt.

"Thank the gods you're up. Can you make breakfast? Mom and Dad left all ready."

" Yea, just let me have a quick cup of coffee and get dressed."

I made my cup of coffee and ran upstairs. First day of school at a new school. Plus, it's high school. I turned on my radio, trying to relax. I typed in my outfit selector; first day of high school. As it chose a selection of outfits that would be perfect for today, I danced around and sang along to the music.
I noticed Matt in my door way.

"Um...how much of that did you see and/or hear?"

" Not much, I just got here right as you started singing 'Fashionably Late' at the top of your lungs."

"Out," I yelled and closed my door, locking it.
I finally chose my outfit for the day;

I ran back downstairs and looked at the time

I ran back downstairs and looked at the time. I had enough time to make us both omelettes before the bus showed up.

I started on the hash browns, bell peppers and onions and then the sausage and bacon. Matt came in dressed and had grabbed both our bags.

" Matt, saute the hash brown mix for me while I drain the grease from the meat."

He came in to help me and I drained the grease. I got out four eggs, two for each of us. I cracked two eggs into a bowl and added a splash of milk to thicken up the eggs. Added salt and pepper, whisked it all together and then poured it into the hot pan. The hash browns we're done, so I had Matt put them on a plate I had with paper towels. His eggs were ready to turn over, so I did so and let him put what he wanted in his omelette. When he was done, I folded it in half and let everything cook for a bit and then stuck it on a plate that had two pieces of toast and Matt grabbed milk and orange juice. I grabbed four cups, two for each of us and then fixed my omelette.

We shoved our food down our throats and chugged our juice and milk, and just in the nic of time.

Honk. Honk.

"Bus is here," I yelled.

We grabbed our bags and ran to the bus. Thank God we made it in time.

I plugged in my headphones and turned on Evanescence. It had been a while since I listened to this band. I closed my eyes slightly when someone yanked my headphones out by taking my phone.

" Ha, Evanescence," they said throwing my phone back at me. "Stupid emo bitch. Amy's a hoe." Oh hell no.

"Amy is not a hoe," I hear Matt say.

"Shut up Radke, what do you know?"

" I know that Amy is my dad's wife and the girl you're trying to mess with is my sister. So fuck off, before I beat your ass again, Biersack."