Is this...regret?

I lied in my cubby bed as I listened to the voice of my father recording and the gentle rain hitting the rooftop of the bus. I couldn't sleel, so I just lied there, thinking of what exactly what it was I was doing: running away and disobeying the only parents I have ever known.

I felt a pit in my stomach. I didn't know what it was, and I wasn't focused on that for long. I heard footsteps in the back, so I got up and poked my head through the opened lounge area. All I could see was darkness, until I saw Vic's face when the light from his phone shined in his face and scared me, making me scream and hit my foot on the doorframe, making him jump.

"Jesus! Don't do that to me."

"Shut up! Not like I was expecting you in here and to be scared shitless!"

He laughed. "Why are you up, kiddo?"

"Can't  sleep.  And I think it has something to do with this pit in my stomach."

"Well, something bothering you?"

Only everything. "Me running away to pursue some silly dream that may never be my reality."

"Ahh," he chuckled. "That's called guilt. It happens when you think you're doing wrong."

"I think I'm hurting my parents."

"Don't worry. They'll be fine. This is an opportunity to live your dreams like Amy and Ronnie did. They'll understand."

I smiled at Vic and kissed his cheek.

"All right kiddo, go back to bed."

And I did just that. But, was that feeling really...guilt? Regret?

My note

I'm sorry it's really slow. I keep getting grounded😂😂. But I'm not and I'll update as much as I can.

Xoxo,

~babygay