Shopping with Am-Mom

Callie took me back to the orphanage to wait for Amy to finish setting up her house and fill out the paperwork. I just kept thinking " why me? Why did she choose, of all children, me?" I came out of my trance when I noticed Amy was sitting next to me.

" Are you ready sweetheart?" She asked.

"Ye-yea. I don't have anything, so I've been ready," I responded.

"Okay, well then let's go."

I climbed into the passenger side and turned on the radio. Black Veil Brides came through the radio, and I cranked up the volume as I realized 'Knives and Pens' was playing. As we cruised through the streets, Amy and I sang at top volume, not caring who could hear us or what they thought.

We came to a stop in the parking lot of the mall.

"Eww, I hate the mall. It's full of perky loud mouths."

"Don't worry. This one is almost always deserted."

We walked into the mall, which was almost empty other than the employees. Immediately, I saw Rue 21. I always got my makeup from there.

I dragged Amy inside, not letting go until we were inside. She went off somewhere as I picked out the usual; black and gray eye shadow, dark red lipstick, body glitter, black eyeliner, and make-up wipes.
I met back up with Amy at the counter. The cashier rang up my items and I pulled out my wallet, but Amy stopped me.

"I've got it. Save your money."

"Oh, Am-"
"Do you mind calling me mom? I mean if you're comfortable with that, I'd like it."

"Oh. I just- just wasn't sure if you were okay with it."

I let her pay for my items with hers and we left.
Next, we hit Bed, Bath and Beyond for toiletries; black and rainbow pillows and bedding, black cherry scented candles, vanilla scented soaps, perfumes and lotions, and wash poofs.

Rooms to go was next, and I picked out some furniture; cherry wood dresser, bookcase, and T.V. Stand, a safe, recliner,gaming chair, and beanbag chair.

"I thought you had all my stuff together?"

"I know that's what Callie told you, but what I meant was that your room as used as an office. I had one added on to the house, just hasn't moved all my stuff into it."

"Oh, okay."

I also picked out a cherry wood desk and an office chair.

Mom's phone rang.

"Hello?"

"Hey, it's Jen. I'm coming to the mall with a moving truck so I can pick up all the stuff she's picked out. Meet me in the parking lot in ten and I can talk to the store managers from there while y'all finish shopping."

"Okay. How's the painting going?"

"The white is almost done drying. We'll paint the wall she wants her bed against whatever color she wants, but she can paint the rest with whatever she wants."

"Okay, I'll have her pick out her bed and paint next and then we'll meet you in the parking lot."

"Okay. See you then."

Mom hung up and I picked out a bed and frame; a twin size memory foam with a wooden frame that had shelves for valuables. And finally, I picked out the paint I wanted; February Violet(yes it's an actual color, I had it in my room once).

"Okay, Jen will be here in five, let's go."

Jen was early to meeting us, but we didn't care. She gave me a big hug and swung me around, making me dizzy. As I settled myself, Mom and Jen whispered to each other, which sucked cause I didn't know what they were saying.

Mom must have noticed I was trying to hear them, because she sent me back​ inside for some fro-yo.
I entered fro-yo land and the cashier waved at me with a smile.

"Hi, I'm Cathy. Welcome to fro-yo land. Would you like some sample cups?"

"No thanks."

"Let me know if you need assistance."

The place was deserted, quiet. I picked my flavor of fro-yo, chocolate cheesecake, and covered it in caramel and salted nuts. Mmm, delicious.

Right as I payed for my fro-yo, Mom came in.

"Hey, so Jen is headed back home. After fro-yo, where to next?"

"HOT TOPIC!"

"Okay, Hot Topic it is."

I finished my fro-yo, and grabbed some more for the road.

"Have a nice day."

As soon as we reached Hot Topic, I grabbed almost every band shirt that was there. I love music and I always like to represent the bands I love.

"You have a shirt for every band there. Sure you don't need more," Mom joked.

"I'm good," I laughed.

I roamed the store, grabbing the last of what I wanted.

"Ready," I asked as Mom paid for the last of my stuff.

"Yes."

We packed the last of what I had in Mom's car and headed home. When we pulled into the driveway, Mom put her hands over my eyes.

"Why are my eyes being covered?"

"You'll see," she said as she lead me to the door.

"Welcome home," I heard screamed into my ears.

My note

Xoxo,

~babygay