1. Back Together Again

My throat tightened and my breath grew short. It isn't true. Why would I just now be learning about this?

"Wha-what?" I asked still choking on my words. It was going in one ear and out the other only picking up fragments.

"Eseralda I won't repeat myself again." My mother said folding her arms. "You have no choice, it's been predetermined." She said dropping her voice in a sad tone. "I'm sorry."

"Mom, can you not even look me in my eyes and explain?" I asked pulling her by the shoulder. My father stepped in and pulled me back.

"You think this is easy for any of us?" My father said with his head down. "We were hoping this wouldn't happen and it would just go away, but nothing this important ever does. There's no way around it. I'm sorry sweetie."

"I'm not ready for this." I cried to him. "I'll be marrying a stranger. Someone who I might not have anything in common with. I'll be miserable."

"It's not a stranger honey. It's Alphonse. He's who you'll be marrying."

"What?" I asked in fear.

"Yes, I know he was your childhood friend. That's why we forced you to play together as kids. We hoped you would build a strong enough relationship prior to your wedding date. It failed to workout." My mom explained.

"We couldn't be more incompatible." I said. "He's a monster."

"I understand you never wanting to see him again, but you have no choice. Now please, go get dressed. The Imperials are on their way." My mother said leaving the room. I felt my eyes brimming with tears that slowly spilled over and ran down my face. I ran up to my room and slammed the door.

"I have a boyfriend. I have a house. I have plans to finish school. I was destined to live a normal life, then my past comes back and screws it all up." I picked my phone up. "I have to tell Riley. Soon this will be all over the news and he'll be pissed at me." I put the phone up to my ear and it rang your times before he picked up.

"Hello."

"Hey Riley."

"Ezzy, hey baby. What's up?" He asked. "Are you crying?"

"Yes."

"Ok, I'm coming over." I stopped him.

"Wait Riley you can't." I said. "I'm not hurt or in any danger. I having a difficult time right now is all. I'll explain later. Right now I just need you to trust me and stay home. I'll be by in a couple hours."

"Ok, I'm not letting you off this easy." He said. "But because I love and trust you. I'll stay home." He hung up and I dropped my phone.

"If I have to see Alphonze again I might as well look beautiful." I said rolling my eyes at myself. "I sound ridiculous."

I went into my closet and pulled out a blue desinger floor length dress. It was a longsleeved floral pattern at the top and from the waist down it was a solid royal blue silk. "This will make his jaw drop." I did my hair and makeup before slipping into my dress. I struggled with the zipper for a few minutes before achieving victory.

"Eseralda come down sweetie. Our guest have arrived." My father called. I blew myself a kiss before exiting my room and strutting downstairs. I froze at the top when my eyes met with Alphonze. He's not the same boy I grew up with. He was a man now. A handsome man.

His skin tone was darker than before and his muscles were defined even through his suit. With his full dark lips looking tasty enough to eat and his sky blue eyes peircing through my soul. I found myself playing into his good looks and difting away.