17. Blank Face

Back at home I was just chilling. I barely made up with Al, but that's by choice. I'm just a petty person. Riley sat up across from me laughing.

"Ok, look at this." He said shoving his phone in my face. "This you as fuck."

I read the meme and punched him. "No, it's not." I said laughing. He grabbed his shoulder and groaned.

"Watch that ice. You'll fuck around and stab a nigga with it." He joked. I looked at my finger and pulled the ring off setting it on my dresser.

"Sorry," he smiled at me. "Atleast now I can do this." I said lunging at him. He dodged me and pinned me to the bed.

"You think I haven't been with you long enough to know that look on your face?" He asked smiling down at me. I smiled back and rolled my eyes. I looked away to keep myself from drooling. I miss my relationship with him so much, but I'm working through it. He moved off me and sat down.

"So what's up with you and the great girlfriend hunt?" I asked.

"Eh, that's a weird topic."

"No, it'll actually comfort me. It's good for me to know you've found somebody else."

"No I haven't found anybody. I really haven't opened myself up and it's not your fault it's because I just think I deserve a little alone time to do what I want. We spend our entire lives together. Now I can be a man whore until I feel tired of it."

My eyes got wide. "Ok, I mean everybody handles things differently." He smiled at me and laughed.

"Glad you understand." I forced a smile and stood up.

"Well I'm officially hungry. You?"

"I second that." There was a knock on the door and I sent Riley to go answer. He came back followed by my mom.

"Hey ma! What brings you by?" I asked reaching for pots and pans.

"Why aren't you and Alphonse talking?" She asked.

"If Alphonse has a problem. Alphonse can come solve it." I told her. "We are married. He should be able to talk to his wife and not send her mother as a messenger. Now is there anything you'd like to talk about. Maybe starting with hey, how ya doing?"

"Hello Eseralda."

"Hi mommy."

"How are you sweetie?"

"I'm great. How are you?"

"I could be better." She walked over. "So what are you planning on doing over here?"

"Oh I'm cookin-"

"Not the food. I mean hiding from your problems."

"How am I hiding?" I asked confused.

"Look, mother to daughter. What's going on between you and Al?" She asked. "Why arent you two talking."

I laughed to keep from blowing up and shook my head. "Mom. We're not best friends we don't have to talk everyday."

"But you're married, so you kinda do." I rolled my eyes. "You're moving in with him don't you think you should atleast put in on the house?"

"Nope. He can do it. I'm sure he's more than capable." I said.

"Why do you insist on holding a grudge against this boy?"

"I don't. It's nothing really. Just leave it alone." I told her. "Is that what you came over for?"

She sighed. "I guess." She turned to walk away, but not before looking Riley up and down.

"I remember when she used to love me." He said once she was gone. I nodded.