46. He's Angry

Once I arrived to my destination, I booked my hotel room and took a well deserved rest. I had to bust my ass to make arrangements for me to arrive a day early.

"I apologise to all the people that had to relocate so abruptly." I said groaning.

There was a knock on my door and I got up to open it. I smiled.

"Al!" I said reaching out. He stopped me and pushed me aside.

"There's no need for that. Please let's keep it professional." Al said holding up a white folder. "I just came to deliver the materials for the next few days. Try to remember them."

He began walking out. "Try not to make too much noice when you throw a fit after I leave. This is your fault after all."

"Al, let's just talk." I said following him.

"I have somewhere else to be. Be lucky I even dropped that off in person for you." He told me. I reached out and grabbed his arm pulling him back.

"Don't speak so rudely to me." I told him. "It's been weeks. Why can't we just talk?"

"What more is there to say? This is fine. We'll do what we should've done in the first place and treat this like a business deal. We'll pretend like nothing happened between us and live separate lives apart from making special appearances."

"What are you saying now?"

"You can keep the house. I've already gotten another place." He said.

"You're lying. You'll come back home right?" I asked. "Its OUR home. Not my own. So you have to live there, too."

"Goodnight." He said walking away and closing the door behind him.

"I won't attend." I mumbled to myself falling back on the bed. "There's no way I can."

There was a knock on my door and I opened it. "Mr. Imperial had this ordered to your room."

I wiped my eyes and took the pizza box. "Actually, I don't want it." I said giving it back. "You guys can eat it or throw it away. I don't care."

I closed my door and let my hair down shaking my head. "I didn't even say anything rude."

"He's not actually going to leave me alone right? His mom won't allow it. My mom won't allow it."

"Leaving your wife to live all alone. Nobody will like that. There's no excuse great enough. Al you big dummy."

I read up on the materials as I got ready and all the way to the car where Al was waiting. He was on the other side of the Escalade and didn't even greet me when I got in.

"Good morning." I said to him.

"Good morning." He said smiling at me. "Did you sleep well?"

I smiled and closed the material packet and out it in my lap. "Not really." I told him. "I'm a bit tired. What about you?"

"I slept fine." He said pulling out his phone. "Did you finish going over everything? Or are you doing it last minute?"

"No, I've read everything. I'm just going over it again." I said. "You can even test me."

He didn't respond and I sat forward wanting the conversation to continue.

"So test me." I told him.

"No need. I believe you." He said waving me off.

I sat back exhaling and opened the materials again. The ride was quiet and uncomfortable. I tried asking questions but he gave me dry answers and sighs.

Once we arrived, he walked close to me as we had to pose for pictures. He didn't say anything other than what he had to the entire time. He shut down all my small talk, refused to go out for dinner, and didn't tell me to be safe going to my room.

"I tried so hard to be perfect. He won't even let me talk to him." I said out loud. I started removing my makeup so I could cry when there was a knock on the door.

I opened it and he ordered a steak dinner for me. I wanted to give it to my security team again, but I was honestly starving and steak sounded so good, so I took it.

While I ate, I thought about ways to approach Al over the next few days. I can get his room number and hotel from one of the quards. It's just getting him to speak to me that's rough.

I stepped outside and asked for the guard to get me the information. He nodded and I went back in my room and began going over the papers for tomorrow.

I jumped up at the desk wiping the drool from my cheek. I picked up my phone and it was 4:38 am. I groaned and got up quickly going to the bathroom.

"Damn it. That was so boring I fell asleep." I said turning on the shower. "If I take a quick shower and set my clothes out I can get an extra hour of sleep. I thought on the toilet. But if I do I'll miss breakfast. The first meeting is at 11, but Al wants us there by 9:30."

"Ugh my neck hurts." I groaned rolling my head around trying to crack my neck.

I got in the shower and relaxed feeling the warm water hit my face.

"So I can sleep until 8:00. Be ready by 8:45. Get to the car and grab breakfast from a fast food place by 9:10. And be at the hall for 9:30." I thought.

"Actually that's cutting it close. Al will be mad if I show up even a minute late. He'll be mad if I'm not at least fifteen minutes early." I said out loud. "So I'll move everything up 15 minutes. Then I'll be fine. I'll only be able to sleep in 45 minutes but it's better than nothing."

"I finished my shower and dried putting on a shirt. I pulled my outfit out and laid it on the other bed before setting my alarm and collapsing into my bed.