11. First Take

"Alphonze come on where going to be late." I said grabbing my purse.

He came out and closed his eyes throwing his head back. "I thought we agreed on black?" He asked walking up to me.

"We did, but I didn't feel like it." I said smiling. "Let's go."

"Not until you change." He said.

"We look good. Let's go." I said grabbing his arm.

"We're just gonna be late." He said.

"I'm leaving without you." I said. "Buh bye."

"No." He said following me. He locked the door behind me and caught up getting in the already open elevator.

"Ok. Now let's try to get along." I said.

"We were getting along just fine before you decided once again to change without warning me." He said rushing out the elevator once we made it to our floor.

"What's his problem?" I asked a guard, Cody, who always seems to be near when it's Alphonze.

"Don't worry he's always been like that." Cody said walking me to the limo. "He has this nick for perfection. It's driven more than one female away. But I'm sure you can manage."

"I hope." I said getting in.

"I hope you don't get sea sick."

"What?"

"We're not in Venice yet. Venice has no roads. So we'll be getting paddled around."

"Sweet." I said.

"I better not get wet."

"I'm gonna push you over." I joked.

"Very funny." He said sarcastically. "So funny I forgot to laugh."

"We're at your dropoff." The chauffeur said. I got out first and when I saw the little boat thing I was so excited. I rushed on the boat and smiled at Alphonze who shakily got on after me.

"Où aller?" He said. My eyes for big and I looked around. I should've brushed up on my French while I was in the states.

"Au Bistrot De Venise, mon bon monsieur." Alphonze responded. The man nodded and I smiled at him.

"Didn't know You could speak french." I said.

"Yeah," he agreed nodding. "That's because you don't know me."

"Alphonze don't start. We're suposed to be getting along." I said. "And they're will be plenty of time to get to know each other. We have a week alone and then the rest of our lives together."

"Mon dieu, ce sera une longue semaine." The paddler laughed and I folded my arms.

"I'm thinking about pushing you over." I said.

"Votre arrêt." He said stopping the boat and holding his arm out bowing."

"Votre conseil sera traité par l'homme derrière nous." Alphonze said. "Cody handle him."

"Yes sir." He said. Alphonze led me to the door then made me open it for myself. He thought I did it with too much attitude so he pulled me back out and opened the door for me.

"I was gonna do that anyways." He whispered in my ear.

"Sure." I said. We walked up to the desk and she smiled at us.

"Puis-je vous aider?" She asked with a smile.

"Parlez vous anglais?" She nodded.

"Can I help you sir?" She asked with a thick accent.