44. The Blowout

I arrived home seeing Al wasn't back yet. "He's so annoying." I said getting out.

His car pulled up in the driveway and I stood in front of it with my hands on my hips.

"Hello?" He said getting out.

"Nice of you to finally show up." I said.

"Like you were just standing there waiting. Where'd you just get back from?" He asked.

"That's my business." I said. He walked up to me and I stumbled back but he cause me pulling me close and kissing me.

"Went drinking? Look I'm sorry if what I said earlier hurt you. That wasn't my intention."

"I don't care, this isn't about family." I told him. "Where'd you go?"

"I was at Romona's." I frowned and pushed him back.

"What? You gatekeep our friendship to the point where I haven't met with her at all this week because we've been together." Al said shrugging. "But she is still my best friend and I needed to know how she was, plus I needed some advice."

"So instead of asking your wife, you went to that whore?" I asked.

"Yes!" He said. "Because the answers I needed you just couldn't provide this time."

"So you asked about the picture?" I asked.

"Yes, and she's going to see what she finds." He said.

"Why-" I stopped thinking about the actual situation that took place. "Fine, let her. I'm interested in knowing what she turns up with. But that doesn't change the fact you went behind my back." I told him walking into the house.

"She's my best friend. I won't just drop her. How many times do we have to go through this." He said. "Atleast I'm not lying to you."

"Hmm, I'm not sure which I actually prefer?" I said to him.

"Obviously the truth." He told me. "I couldn't imagine lying to you."

"Literally everything us is a lie." I said.

"You know that's really annoying." Al said shaking his head.

"That's really annoying." I mocked. "What's fucking annoying you? Cause I'm annoyed too."

"How you turn every argument between us into a dig into our marriage." He said.

"Everything between us only happens because of this damn marriage." I said shaking my head.

"No, it's because you always want to be right. I'm the villain in every scenario you create in your head." He said. "All I did was hang out with my completely platonic best friend after you, my wife, lied to me about what your brother was really doing."

"Why am I not allowed to be upset by you?" He asked. "You lie a lot. You treat me poorly at times. You say all kinds of shit to me that means me want to lock myself in my office and never come back here."

"How can you say that?" I asked.

"I'm not done." He said putting his hand up. "I'm tired Eseralda. How many times are we gonna make up and say we're in this together only for you to undo everything by saying you don't want me?"

We quietly stared at each other with our arms crossed.

"Well?" Al said.

"So you're done?"

"For now."

"Ok."

"And...."

"What?"

"You don't have anything to say? You always have something to say?"

"What I don't agree with you. I think what your saying is complete bullshit."

"Of course you do. I was hoping you'd be willing to talk, but I'm not surprised."

"Right." I said rolling my eyes and turning away. "Whatever." I grabbed my coat and went back to my room.

I sat on my bed and bent over putting my head in my hands. I growled and sat back wiping my eyes.

"What's his fucking problem. Treating me like I'm am abuser and I never do anything right by him." I whispered pulling at my hair.

The next morning when I left my room. I walked pasted Al multiple times and he didn't say anything to me. He would just look at me and shake his head. I didn't speak to him either. I mean the silent treatment doesn't have to go one way.

After I finished my breakfast and cleaning up, I got dressed and went downstairs.

I sat on the couch across from Al and stared at him over my phone. We sat with nothing but the sound of the TV until he got up and picked up his keys. Watched him leave and sighed getting a text on my phone.

"I'll be back later." I read out loud. I growled and dropped my phone to the floor. "Is it really gonna have to be like this?" I asked myself laying back with a pout.

And it was. Everyday for a week we only communicated through text. We can't even have a conversation through text. He just doesn't respond. He locks his door at night. And is always gone before I wake up and back after I fall asleep.

"It's so boring!" I complained laying the couch. "I have nothing to do and I'm stuck alone in the house."

I sat up and sighed. "Should I just apologise? But he has to apologise. So I'm not gonna do it."

I chewed on my nail and bounced my leg before slapping it and standing up. I picked up my phone and called Reychel.

"Hello?" She said in high spirits.

"Oh Reychel, my sweet sweet Reychel. I need your superior advice." I said.

"Woah, E. You sound like shit." She said. "Are you ok?"

"Can you come over?" I asked.

She sighed. "Give me an hour. Bye." She said hanging up.