7. Learning From Our Mistakes

I woke up in Riley's bed next to him with no memory of how I got there. All I remember is getting high with some bitch that likes Riley and two other niggas.

I closed my eyes again and tried to recall. I know a had a few drinks so where's the hangover. Maybe I can get out of rehearsals today. Riley growled and rolled over to face me. He instantly shot up and looked around.

"What the fuck happened?" He asked.

"I was hoping you would know more than me." I said stretching. I sighed and looked over at him. "I get married tomorrow."

"Yeah, I think we should break up." He said. "It's been a fun last week with you."

"Yeah, same." I said. I sat up and the headache came pounding on my skull.

"It's almost two." My eyes got wide.

"My rehearsals were at 12 today. Damn." I said. "Alphonze is probably furious, and as much as I like to see him furious I needed this practice." I looked around for my phone and didn't see it.

"Did we even get to the fucking up last night?" I shrugged. "Let's shower, do our hygiene, get some food, and I have something to help with hangovers and it really works.

"Alright." I said standing up. I found my phone on the floor and called Alphonze. He didn't answer and I rolled my eyes. I called my mom and it went straight to voicemail. "Whatever." My phone was dying so I put it on Riley's charger.

We followed his plans and I even drank that nasty orange concoction he made. It worked after thirty minutes and I was all better.

"It looked like everybody already cleared out." I said.

"Yeah, Mark and Kirk left while you were in the shower, but Brianna's still here."

"Ok." I said nodding. Then whispered, "I don't trust her."

"Why?"

"It's stupid and selfish." I said.

"You can tell me."

"Well, she likes you. Like really likes you and I don't like that. But it's selfish because I'm leaving you to get married. I'm trying not to get jealous because I'm realizing how many people actually want you and how lucky I was." I said sighing.

"What I'm saying is, Riley, you're a good person. And you deserve someone who's gonna be there for you. We can always be friends, but that's it. We can't be together again. You need to find a girl thats better than me if you can."

Riley smiled and shook his head. "Ez, thats the thing. There is no one like you. I could always find someone else; I know that. You're special. The best person for me. You shaped me and helped grew me into the person I am today. Through everything you've been there. I can't just up and find another you."

"I hope I'm not interrupting anything." Brianna said walking in. I smiled at Riley and grabbed my keys.

"No, I was just leaving." I said said standing infront of Riley. He turned me around and kissed me hard on the lips. I smiled and kissed him back til he pulled away.

"Goodbye." He said.

"Bye Riley. I'll call you after my mother finishes cussing me out." I said walking out.

"Ok. I love you."

I blushed and bit my lip. "I love you, too."

I really hope Riley can move on and find someone better. Someone who won't leave him and get married the next day. I drove home and and took a shower and got dressed. It was almost 4:30 and I needed to pick up my dress by 5. I threw on something appropriate and headed out. I made it in 20 minutes and paid for it taking it to my car.