19. The Boring Parts

I woke up the next morning pressed and by myself. Then, I got dressed for nothing because Yvette cancelled out plans for today. So I just got back in bed and binged watched Breaking Bad for seven or eight hours. Honestly I lost track of time. I finally took a snack break break and saw my phone had been going off. Al sent me a text stating that he would be over later tonight and what not, but I didn't know if I really wanted him to come over. I looked outside and it was dark. I looked at the received time and it was four hours ago.

"Damn." I looked at my mom's dinner reminder and groaned. Riley sent me a picture of his groomed husky. I laughed and shook my head. I replied to a few other social things and work related things before getting my snacks and actually going back to my show.

I ordered pizza and wings because I was to lazy to cook for myself and waited for that. After I watched one more I decided to save the rest for later and watched Fifty Shades Darker because I'm late and everybody wants to spoil it.

I paid for my pizza and wings and went back up to my room. "Al is so not good on his word." I told myself. It's almost ten and it's been dark for hours. He's not gonna have me up all night on some bullshit claim.

After I finished eating I put the food up and got comfortable in my bed with my movie. I set a sleep timer and turned off any light that I could find.

"Ok, now I'm ready." I started the movie and maybe half way in I fell sleep. It was boring as shit. That's why I set the timer.

When I woke up it was sunny outside and the birds were chirping. I took a shower and got ready for Yvette's fashion show this morning and headed out.

I showed the security my pass and was allowed to the back where Yvette was smiling and laughing.

"I envy how nonchalant you are at stressful times like this. I'd be panicking and making sure it's perfect."

"Well nothing's perfect, but that would be nice." She said. "And the more perfect I try to make it, the more I'll mess it up. I know it's fine and everything's already good enough. Everybody's here and feeling fine. They're already dressed for the first round with their makeup did.

"Yeah, sorry I wasn't here earlier like I said I would be."

"You were up all night with a certain someone?"

"Yes actually. Christain Grey." I said puckering my lips and sticking one of my hips out. She bust out laughing and I even cracked a smile. "No, I was just by myself."

"Well I'm just glad you're here. Go take a seat. The shows getting ready to start."

I went and took my seat in the front. I spotted Riley taking pictures and he came over to greet me.

"Hey Ezzy." He said sitting next to me.

"Hey, you working?"

"Yeah, bills gotta get paid somehow." He said.

"Yeah. I just wanted to be sure." I said. "Get a picture of the future first lady." I told him posing.

"Ok." He pretended to take a picture and walked away. I rolled my eyes and waited for the show to start.

Afterwards I stopped by Al's office just because I haven't seen him in a day and I kinda missed his face. I waited for him to finish his meeting and walked in after he walked out.

"Hello Alphonze." I said sitting in a chair infront of his desk.

"Hello Ez. What?"

"Nothing. I'm just here to bother you. When's your last appointment?"

"In an hour." He said scratching his neck.

"What are you doing afterwards?"

"Nothing."

"Great, so I have a dinner tonight and I want you to come with me." I said. "Please. Please."

"Ez, I got stuff to do." He said.

"Al. You just said you weren't busy." I whined.

"Yeah, cause I thought you wanted to hang out." He said.

"Why don't you wanna go? Just give me a reason."

"I don't wanna be around a bunch of people at the moment. We're not stable enough to be out in public on a small scale yet." He said. I sighed because I knew it was coming. "Don't get mad because you know I'm right."

"I know. It's good practice though."

"Ez, if I cared about practice I would go." He told me.

"Fine. I won't even ask you to escort me to another dinner or event ever again." I said throwing my hands up. "Nothing. I'll find somebody else."

"Ok." He said sitting back and watching me walk out. I thought for sure that would work and he'd wanna go, but this is Alphonze we're talking about. He does the opposite of the opposite.

I left his office and went home. I don't know how serious I was, but I'm not inviting him to anything else. I stopped by the the store for a bottle of wine and took it home with me.

"I wanna drink this so bad, but I won't stop until I can't feel my eyes and I'll never make it to the dinner." I put the bottle in the fridge and took a shower preparing for my mom's stupid family dinner.

I met at the restaurant and it was just my mom. "Darling it's so nice to see you." My mom said. I smiled and gave her a hug.

"Hey mama." I scratched my head and looked around. "Where's everybody?"

"They should be getting here."

"Well, I wasn't able to get Al to come. He was actually too busy." I lied.

"Mhm. That's fine." I shrugged and followed my mom to the kitchen.

"So what's on the menu?" I asked. She explained it and my stomach started growling. "I'm starving now."

"Let's go take our seats. You know Teresa likes to start on time."

"Yeah, good ole Teresa." We sat down and she started on the dot as usual.

Ok, I'm not trying to be that woman, but this meeting got a lot more interesting when a very fine species of male sat next to me. I started paying attention trying not to look and shit. Why couldn't Al just com?

I kinda wanna sit in Al's lap right now and just kiss him. I'm dumb. I literally hate this dude, but here I am dreaming of fantasies with him.

"Ezzy, elbows off the table." My mother whispered. I snapped back and say up fixing my hair. Now my insides are tingling for Al. I just wish he would fuck me already. I'm tired of being a virgin. I should've just did it with Riley when I had the chance. I snapped back again and clapped along with the rest of the group. Our food was served and I silently prayed before eating.

"Well Ez, I'd like you to meet Octavious Channing. He's the CEO of Snayls." She said with a smile. I slowly turned my head and smiled at him. Don't look for too long. The press will fry you. I shook his hands and he pushed my hair back with my left hand just to flash the ice on my finger.

"Nice to meet you Mr. Channing." I said with a smirk.

"Nice to meet you, too." This man was soooo sexy, with his deep voice.

I think I'm gonna faint.