24. .

I stirred the next morning feeling for a presence not there. Al had left sometime already without a trace. I growled and sighed. I knew this would happen. I'll never wake up to his touch. He's too good at slipping out.

I sat up and prepared for a shower. If I could be pampered for a week that would be nice. I looked around just in case Al left one of those sweet notes like they do in the movies. He didn't.

"Wow, I expect too much from a pampered little boy." I told myself. "I should do better."

I told myself I wasn't gonna bother him today. We've been spending everyday with each other for the past week and I think a break is in order.

Two and a half weeks later

I've only texted Al for two weeks, and I just barely because I can't get him to contantly respond. I hate it. I've been going out of town and when I'm here he's too busy or away and it gets to hetic. I didn't know I could miss him this much. This is not what I meant by time apart. Hopefully when we move in together next week I'll be seeing a lot more of him. In more ways than one.

A knock on the door broke my concentration and I went to go answer.

"Girl you look bad what you doing with your life?" Yvette asked picking at her nails. "Well invite me in."

"Come in." She smiled and came in looking at me.

"Now tell me why hasn't nobody seen you for two weeks?"

"Work. I been doing a lot of traveling." I told her. "I'm so stressed and tired."

"You need a break. What the hell could you possibly be doing?"

"Classified." I told her.

"Ok." She said walking over to the couch. "When do you have some free time?"

"Later this month. In like a week." I said. "I'll be done, but that's when I start moving in with Al."

"Oh yeah how are y'all doing?"

"I don't know. We haven't physically spoken in two weeks. We just shoot a few texts back and forth and I always start the conversation and he never responds."

"Damn." She said. "That sucks. I know you missing him."

"Not that much." I lied. "I mean we're not close or anything."

"Mm ok."

"It's whatever. If he wanted to talk to me then he would text me." I said. "It's not my fault we're not close. I'm trying."

"Let me see your conversation." She said holding out her hand. I gave her my phone and she went to the conversation.

"Oh my god Ez. Look at how dry this conversation is. It's just hi's and what you doing's. You're not even trying to meet up with him."

"No, I wasn't, but we talked on the phone once and concluded that we'd be too busy." I told her. "Our schedules conflict each other. He's not even in the country right now and in two days when he comes back I'll be out of state."

"You gotta be kidding me." She sighed. "I'm pretty sure I can find at least three points in your schedules where you can at least see each other. What kind of relationship do you two have anyways. I don't know any newly weds that can be apart for so long.

"Well we're not just any newly Weds." I said. "And honestly I don't mind being away from him. It's not good for our relationship, but it's not like we can't live without each other."

"Your way of thinking is beyond my comprehension." She sighed. "I'm calling him now."

"No don't." I yelled taking my phone. "He's in a meeting. This is something I know. I don't want him to think something's wrong with me."

"Fine. Enough about your relationship. Let's let about mine." She said.

"Who's your boy toy this week?" I asked tiredly.

She laughed. "Well, it's this boy named Johnathan Delvito. He's a super fine white man and I'm loving it."

"A white man. You just had one."

"Well I liked the last one so I decided to go again." She said.

"What ever." I said waving her off. "Drink?"

"You know my mix." She responded. I nodded and walked downstairs to the bar.

My phone buzzed and I jumped to answer it. "Hello?"

"Hey Ezzy," I smiled at the sound of Al's voice. "I have something I need you to do."

I frowned and groaned. "Wassup?"

"Well, the contractor has some questions about the final touch ups and needs someone there. Can you go take care of that?" He asked. "I have to go now. Bye."

He hung up and I sighed. I went back upstairs with our drinks and threw mine back handing Yvette hers.

"I have to drop by my new place. Wanna come?" She nodded and we took our shots before going on the road.

"Wow Ezzy this place is beautiful." Yvette said.

"It is." I agreed. "It's my first time seeing it."

"How could Al keep you out of the plans for your own home?"

"I didn't care, and he has good taste so I left it to him." She said. "But you can see that."

"Hello, Mrs Imperial." The lady said coming over and shaking my hand. This is the last straw. All these beautiful women have me ticked. "Please follow me."

She showed me around the house and I gave her my ok. Everything was so perfect. Al did such a wonderful job on this place. I can't wait to move in now.

"I'm so jealous." Yvette whined as we left. "It's so big and beautiful and roomy and Al did so well you didn't even have to request any changes."

"Yeah that's what I excepted. I wouldn't move anything if I found it uncanny anyways. I wouldn't want to disturb Al's inner peace."

"Such a bride. You're so focused on Al you don't care for your own happiness."

"More like my parents don't care. They ship me over seas with someone who could killed me."

"But they didn't. They sent you with Al."

"Al can kill me."

"But he's not going to."

"Look I'm going to sleep." I told her getting out of the car.

"Your no fun. Well I'll talk to you later I'm leaving."

"Bye girl." We went our separate ways and I couldn't help but think about Al. What if he's ok with this being away time? What if he's cheating? I know he took that Romona chick with him. She probably all over him and they're chilling and having loads of fun.