•five•

We arrived at the pier where we took a ferry heading straight to Wales.

I looked over the railings, where the ripples of water hit the boat. I felt a hand on my shoulder as I turned my head. Gruff was there, but it wasn't his hand.

"Are you gonna be fine?" Jake asks.

"Yeah, sure." I replied sarcastically, rolling my eyes. I heard him stifle a laugh.

"It's okay, I'm here." He replied, a grin on his face. No matter how much I covered it up, he could always see my sadness through all my sarcasm.

"You'll leave after a week. Then I'll be alone. Then I'll have to socialize with all the people there and it's going to be so hard when you have anxiety." I rambled on as Jake continued to listen.

"You'll be fine, trust me."

I tilt my head up and noticed a familiar figure.

"Isn't that a peregrine falcon?" I queried, pointing to the bird flying above us.

"It must be Miss Peregrine." I turned my head and looked at him in disbelief. Jake has got to be kidding. But by the expression on his face, it seemed like he wasn't.

"Are you serious?"

"What?"

"Why the hell is she a bird then?"

"She's an Ymbryne."

"You're so weird."

"I'm serious, Y/N. She'll explain once we get there." Jake walked away with a wave, leaving me and my thoughts alone.

"I'm kind of excited." Gruff says, breaking the silence. It made me jump in surprise.

"Dammit, I thought I was alone." I laughed.

"Sorry,"

~

Jake laughed and so did I. Pulling our luggages through the sand was definitely not easy.

"Jake, tell me why we're at the beach." I demanded, still laughing slightly.

"The home's underwater."

I looked at him in disbelief once again. I swear to God, if he wasn't my friend, I'd think he was insane.

"What the shit," I told him, dropping my bag. "I'm serious."

"Sorry," He apologized before continuing. "Do you trust me?"

"This isn't the time for Aladdin references—"

"Just answer, Y/N."

"Fine, I do trust you." I rolled my eyes.

"Then you'll listen to me. Just wait."

We reached a cairn and he sighs.

"Don't think I'm crazy, but we're going to enter this cave and it will be 1943,"

"That's it, I'm done," I told him before putting both my hands up and walking away.

"Y/N! I thought you trusted me," He pleads.

"I do, but this is crazy. You're going insane and I'm pretty sure I am too!" I yelled, looking at his eyes. "Just, take me to the home."

"I am."

"You're taking me into a cave, Jake. Explain how that's a house."

"It's the entrance to Miss Peregrine's 1943 time loop. You know when I told you that she took care of peculiar children?" I nodded, but I doubted him a little. "Well, she's an Ymbryne. A kind of peculiar. They're charged with the care of the young because they can manipulate time to create time loops. Only peculiars can exit and enter them so that's why they're safer for them to stay in." He explained, almost out of breath.

"Then I can't enter." I told him sadly.

"What're you on about—"

"I'm not a peculiar." I laughed, hoping he would realize. "You are, Y/N."

"No—"

"Just go with me."

"Seems pretty believable, Y/N." Gruff says.

"Cause it's true." Jake answers. He could hear Gruff for some apparent reason but he couldn't see him.

We enter the cave and wait for a few moments before exiting. Cairnholm looked the same.

"I said it once and I'll say it again—" I breathed, looking over at Jake who seemed to know where he was going.

"What the shit?"

"Shut up," He laughed, motioning for me to follow him. "What would you say if I told you that we're in 1943?"

"To be honest I wouldn't say anything, cause your stories are sooooo believable." I replied sarcastically, rolling my eyes.

"You know, you'd get along with Enoch with your sarcasm."

I was following Jake and it seems like we were at a town. I gazed at him confusingly.

"You'll meet him, if he isn't sulking in his room." Jake mumbled the last part, but it was enough for me to hear it.

•••

author's note || im not even gonna complain about my sleeping schedule. dat shit's in da trash. anyway. sorry for not updating everyday i feel so bad for y'all.
im gonna update twice today, so look out for that ;)
thanks for reading lil muffins :D

~ anastasia🍼💟
(melanie anyone?)