•twenty one•

"Hey, Y/N, you okay?" I bump into Millard, shooting him an apologetic look as I observed his clothless figure.

"I would be if you were actually wearing clothes," I remarked sarcastically, following it with a laugh so he wouldn't feel bad.

"Well, uh, sorry. It was quite hot here," He replied, stumbling with his words.

"Have you seen Enoch anywhere?"

"Is he not in his room?"

"No..."

"Oh, goodluck finding him then," He laughed, walking away.

"Great." I mumbled, trudging to the back porch when I saw Fiona working on her garden. "Hey, Fi! Have you seen Enoch?"

"I think he's gone out for a walk. Odd, I know, but I saw him." Fiona replied, brushing her long braids away from her face so she could work better.

"Okay, thanks."

"Y/NNNNNN," Gruff annoyingly calls. "What?" He rolled his eyes. "What did Miss Peregrine say?"

"She agreed to it," I smiled genuinely, looking over the trees. Where the hell would he be running off to? It could be the beach, but he would run anywhere but the beach.

"We could check the beach, you know. Even if he wouldn't be there." Gruff interrupts my thoughts. I look over to him, and the dog had an evil grin plastered across his face. "Su—how the fuck did you know I was looking for him?"

He shrugged his doggy shoulders and smirked. "Whatever, okay, we'll go."

~

"Help mi poor legs," I stumbled over my own feet and cried out in a fake Irish accent, resulting in an eruption of laughter from Gruff.

"We're almost there, Jesus Christ, Y/N. Excercise a bit, won't you?" He sighed.

"Shut up dawg, you're lucky you fly." I snapped back as I saw the sandy grounds come into view.

"Are you shore I fly?" Gruff retorted and I rolled my eyes at his stupid pun.

"Don't be a beach, Y/N."

"I'm so fu—"

"Y/N! Why are you here?" I looked over Gruff's shoulder to see Enoch sitting on one of the rocks. His hair was all messed up from the wind, but he still looked so cute. His voice was suddenly the only thing I hear at that moment, and I'm pretty sure I was swooning.

"We were looking for you, silly." I laughed, hoping he hadn't noticed at the fact that I was literally drooling. (Not.) I sat down beside him, gazing into the sparkling ocean. I could feel him smiling.

"Did Miss P agree?"

"She did," I grinned, looking into his chocolate brown eyes. God, I could get lost inside them so quickly.

Gruff cleared his throat, snapping me out of my trance. We both blushed furiously as I tuck a piece of my hair behind my ear. "I'll work on the cage tomorrow."

"Okay," I replied as I saw Enoch furrow his brows in confusion. Dammit, I forgot that he couldn't hear Gruff. "It's uh, Gruff. He said he'll work on the cage tomorrow."

He laughed; the kind that I was so attracted to.

"You know, sometimes I doubt whether you're really insane or not."

• • •

author's note || hey hey ho. sorry i didn't update. i ended up curling into a ball and crying because of the manchester bombing. i can't explain how horrible i feel for ariana and the victims. i mean, i'd feel fucking sad too if my fans died in one of my concerts. i respect her for suspending the rest of her tour, even though it means that people who bought tickets wouldn't get to see her. but god, i'd do the same too in order for them to be safe.

my parents have actually contemplated whether we should move back to the philippines only for a short time because they're so scared holy shit, and i am too.

my heart and prayers goes out to all those who were injured, ariana, and her team.

stay safe everyone, i love you all.
~ anastasia 💔