Chapter 15

Recap:

*Niall's POV*

I was about to go under looking for her when, "BOO!" Demi screamed, jumping up on my back.

"Ahh!" Going under a little, it took me a few minutes to get out of shock and react. I swam back up and started to spin her around a little.

When I let her go, she pouted, obviously faking her sadness. I laughed and splashed her, which made her splash me back.

I mocked me being hurt by putting a hand to my heart and putting on a shocked face.

While she was in the middle of laughing, I splashed her back.

She stared at me wide eyed before she laughed and stuck her tongue out all adorably.

She swam away from me, towards the other side of the boat. The whole time I was chasing her, she kept looking behind her, and the only thing that I could think of was;

Man, am I lucky to have her in my life

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Demi's POV*

"Demi?" Niall asked me, sitting down next to me by the fire. We're at the bonfire, waiting for Liam to get back renting the surfboards and wetsuits.

When Liam asked Ariana and I if we wanted to go surfing, Ariana rejected him immediately.

But I, on the other hand, told him I would love to learn how to surf. It seems like fun and something I probably will never say yes to trying any day other than today.

"Demi!"

"Yeah?" I asked again, snapping out of my thoughts and looking at Niall, the person who called my name again. "Yes? You need something?

"Yeah, I do" I waited for him to say something other than that, but instead he just sat there and looked down at the sand, looking deep in thought.

"Well? You're going to tell me what you need?" I asked with a smirk on my face. He looked up at me and smiled.

"Are you sure you want to go surfing? Do you really think that it will be the best idea?" I looked at him like he was crazy. Did he really just say that?

"Niall, everything is fine. I'll be out with Louis and Liam and we'll be safe. There is no need to worry about me"

"Are you sure? Because we coul-"

"Niall!"

"Yes?"

"I'm positive. I'm going surfing and there is nothing anything can do about this." I heard him sigh in defeat as I looked over towards the shop, hearing my name being called, it was Louis. When Louis saw he had my attention he waved his hand towards the shop, signalling me to come over that.

After reassuring Niall once more, I got up and half walk, half jogged over to Louis. "Finally Demi! You are so slow! And it took me like five minutes to get your attention as it is."

"Well maybe if you came over to the fire and got me there, it wouldn't have taken so long. But no! Instead you decide to yell across the beach, hoping I'll hear you even though i'm in the middle of a conversation with someone else!" I shot back at him, he stayed quiet for a minute.

I thought I won the conversation until he spoke up again, "If I went over there to get you, then we would've been twice as long! I would've got sucked into some type of conversation and we would've been there until Liam came to yell at us that we're taking way too long. So don't go blaming any of this on me when this is all your fault!" I raised my eyebrows in shock and was about to 'apologize' when Liam came out of the shop.