Chapter eight

Summer is coming to an end, I've tried to work up the nerve to go to that house again, to see who my neighbors are, but the second I step foot out of the house, I start shivering like and, and I step back in the house. I've seen bodies, I've seen death, but I still cannot work up he nerves to go to that house.

It makes it even harder, because Alicia and I are the only ones home, and it's been two weeks by now, it's really obvious to her, when I'm out of the house, or when I try to talk to Eleanor, through mirror. I always do it at night. Yesterday, I spoke a bit too loudly, and Alicia ran in. The mirror slipped form my hands, and luckily fell on my bed. So now, I remember to lock my room door.

I bring a mirror with me, everywhere, now, it's a new habit, so I can make sure there are no apparitions near me.

Today, I had to attend Olivia Nix's sweet sixteen, I barely know her, but she's friends with Lexica's friend, so that's just why I have to wear a party dress and go to a hotel, today.

"Wow, you're so dressed up." My heart skips a beat, as Eleanor enters the reflection, the braid I was making ruins.

"Oh my god, you scared me to death." I say.

"Where are you going?"

"A party, and please, do not follow me."

"You bring your friends everywhere, aren't you friends with me? What makes me different from Lexica and Emily?"

You're an apparition. I think.

"Hey Molly!" Emily suddenly crashes into my bathroom, she's wearing an emerald green dress.

"Oh um, hey." I say. The smile suddenly falls off her face, at first I was confused, but then I can see that she's looking at the mirror, then at the empty room.

Eleanor ducks.

"I- I just saw...."

"What is it, Em?" I ask, nervously.

"Don't tell me you're seeing things again." Lexica walks in, in her lilac dress. She puts a hand on Emily's shoulder. "Molly's house isn't that bad."

"I've always through that Molly's house was haunted, and I just saw... a girl. She was pale, and she had an apron on, her pony tail was up to her hip, I'm sure I saw her."

"Emily, please." I roll my eyes, and slip into the simple red dress I picked.

"No, it was true."

"You sure?" Lexie starts to shiver, as she stares at the old wooden ceiling.

"It wasn't true." I say, faking a giggle. Emily starts to turn green.

"Can we? Like leave?"

"Just hold it." I start to apply my lipstick, when Lexica whips out her phone.

"C'mon girls! we look like divas today!" She smiles, trying to brighten up Emily. I smile at the camera, as Lexica presses the button. The white flash looks a little like the flashes the apparitions make when they enter bodies.

"I think I blinked." I say.

"Then, we'll take another one." Lexica rolls her eyes. "And this time don't blink."

"Let me see the picture." Emily smiles, and when she takes Lexie's phone, she lets out the sharpest scream.

"Jesus Christ! What is wrong with you!?" Lexica complains covering her ears.

"Look!" Em shoves the phone in our faces. "Just look!" She points at the background. I stop breathing. It's Eleanor's shadow. "That's exactly the shape of how that girl looked!" I try to block Lexica's view. Just as a small white light flashes.

"What was that?" Lexica looks around, she too, is turning a green color. I know what just happened, Eleanor's in Emily's body, now. I watch Eleanor delete the photo.

"Never mind, I guess I was seeing things, Emily." Eleanor says to Lexica. I mouth a 'No!' to her, but she doesn't see me.

"Did you just call me Emily?" Lexica looks worried.

"Isn't that your name?" Eleanor ask, confused.

"Em! Please! This house is scary enough, don't go crazy!" Lexica shouts.

"Oh, so you're Lexica."

"Yes! And she is?" Lexica points at me.

"She's Molly." Eleanor answers.

"Correct, now what is your brother's name?"

"Um..."

"I think, she's just a little scared right now, she'll be fine, I promise." I say. A little white light flashes, and Emily's back.

"I feel dizzy." She says, closing her eyes, and leaning on the wall.

"What's your brother's name?" Lexica repeats, determined.

"Damien, I thought you knew?"

"Let's just go to the party." I suggest, and hustle them out.

____________________________________________________________

It was pretty wild at Olivia's party. I lost track of both of my friends right away, and by nighttime I practically didn't know if they left or not, I wanted to check my phone for missed calls, but I don't want to risk losing my phone here.

I took a brownie, at the table next to a dangerous looking guy with black hair. He ignores me, and I start to walk away, just as a white light flashes, and he walks over, smirking.

"Um, Eleanor, I told you not to follow me!"

"Excuse me? I'm not Eleanor." The guy's creepy black eyes are right on me. "I'm Shane, I followed you, this time."

My heart stops.

"But..." I stop, noticing that his regular body looks a lot like this boy's. "Look, what do you want?"

"You."

"Sorry, but... no?" I walk away, but he follows me, grabbing my arm.

"Come on."

"Go away!" I shout over the noise and run. When I'm sure that he's not anywhere near me anymore, I shove my way out of the hotel. When I get inside my car, and I take out my mirror, and frantically reflect everywhere.

I am alone.

I start to drive home, feeling aware of my surroundings. When I get home, Alicia is standing in the middle of the driveway, I stop my car, and climb out.

"What are you doing out here!?" I shout, running up to her.

She's..... smirking.

"Alicia?"

"See? You see what happens when you deny me, Molly?" I gasp, my heart fastens. "I take your sister's life!"

"No!" I scream. Shane runs into the street, and I follow him.

My breathing stops when I start to make out his master plan, he's going to get Alicia ran over by a car. I have no idea how to save my sister. Just as I'm about to faint, another blinding white light flashes.

"Molly! I'll force him out of Alicia's body by going in myself, okay!?" Eleanor shouts.

"I'll owe you." I whisper. A series of white lights flash. My head starts to spin. 'Please! Let Alicia live!" I whisper to myself.

"Molly! It's working!"

My breathing slows, and I drop to the ground, closing my eyes. So far, no cars have happened to cross, but I don't guarantee, it's an abnormally dark night.

I can see the white lights still, through my eyelids, and when I finally open my eyes again, I can see through my blurry vision, Eleanor taking Alicia safely away from the street.

____________________________________________________________

That night, I furiously, charge into that room with the bodies in it. I have my matchbox in hand, ready for my "speech."

"Shane." I say, going over to his vampire looking like body. "If you touch Alicia ever again." I light a match and wave it in front of his lifeless eyes. "I'll burn you!"