Chapter nine

Alicia walks into my room, and when she sees me she gives me a worried looks, and sighs. I sigh too, with my red eyes and Rudolph nose, who couldn't be worried?

"Are you okay?"

"I'm just... sick" I think about last night. I have no idea how to thank Eleanor for that, I wish that she could live. "Alicia I'm so glad, you're fine."

"What?"

"Nothing."

"Look, I really don't want you to be sick two days before the wedding."

"Right, actually that's a good thing, I never wanted to attend."

"That means." She plops down next to me, grinning. "I have to attend by myself."

"Then how about I be sick, and you pretend to have the flu?"

"That's too obvious."

"Well, maybe I'm contagious,"

__________________________________________________________

When Alicia left, I checked my phone, finding 20 missed calls. I read some of the texts, and it seems like I really had my friends worried.

Emily: Molls! Are you okay!? You disappeared just like that, and we couldn't even find you!

Lexica: We don't have a ride home, Molly, stop hiding! It's not funny!

Lexica: It's midnight! I called my mother, she's coming to pick us up, but really, did you forget us? Are you okay? We don't see your car.

Emily: We're really getting worried, Molly, text back, now.

Emily: Please! What did we do wrong!? I need to know that you're alive!

Guilt rushes through me. I take a deep breath, wondering if they're really mad at me right now. Probably. I slowly type a text for them.

Me: I'm really really really sorry guys. Last night just didn't go well for me. Please understand.

"Molly, you look very sick." I look up, there's no one in here.

"Eleanor.... thank you.... soooo much..... For...... saving my little sister."

"No problem, I'm not really useful anyways."

"Don't say that." My phone vibrates.

Emily: What happened?

Me: Don't worry, it's over.

Emily: No, tell me.

Lexica: Molly McAllister! I was so worried!

Me: So sorry. :(

Emily: I'm coming to your house now!

Lexica: Me too.

Me: Guys!

"Oh god, Eleanor, they're coming again, how am I supposed to explain about my well, Shane incident?"

"Just tell them that Alicia needed help yesterday, okay? How about this? If it's okay with you, can I go into Alicia's body, and pretend to be hurt?"

"Sure." I sigh. I can't deny her, after she saved Alicia's life yesterday.

"Shane seems to really like you."

"He doesn't, he just wants to..... Do what he did when he was alive." I groan.

"He always talks about you."

"So?"

"Molly?" Lexica walks in.

"Whoa! That was fast!"

"Molly, something's wrong, we caught you okay?" Emily follows her.

"What?"

"We saw you talk, and we heard another voice, were you faking another voice to talk to yourself? Are you okay?" Lexica sighs. "And you look really sick."

I don't answer.

"If anything's wrong, tell us, you've been acting strange." Emily sits down on my bed. "You've bee strange ever since you moved."

"So? What happened last night?" Lexica folds her arms.

"It was Alicia, she needed me home." I lie. Emily walks out of my room.

"You're right, what happened to your sister? She's on crutches."

"She is?" Lexica runs out of my room. I follow. Alicia is hobbling on crutches, with a casted leg.

"I fell down the stairs yesterday night." She calls up to us. I grin, because I know this isn't really Alicia talking.

"She called me, and I had to go home, sorry guys." I add.

"That's okay."

__________________________________________________________

The night before the wedding, my mother came home. She was had Alicia's and my dress. I actually didn't really mind the slim velvet pink dress I had to wear, what I hated was the hair style. My hair hates French braids. It's naturally wavy, unlike Alicia's straight and untangled hair. My mother said that that was how Kimberly wanted her "helpers" to look like.

"I'm supposed to be her helper? Why?"

"She just needs you to be her make up girl; I told her how artistic you were."

"Mom..."